2009-10 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 02, 2009, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Fucjke yo Chicacago ! fargl all you bandwadgon jumopin piece of ashtein asshiooles@@@!

phillymic2000

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 10, 2010, 12:49:00 AM
I'm watching Tyson, the greatest heavyweight champ eva ;D

gus Damato ruined Tyson. He should have farging teache him discipline, WTF with discplune and dedication tyson couled have domeinated for yerds

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

fucjk them ll, ie been fealing with these aasshioles wfor the past two weeks. ?i cant handel thesey fucjkoing andwagon peices of shtein

phillymic2000

Tyson was te youngest mother fargin heavy champ in the world. suck that cfhicagoQ!@Q

The BIGSTUD

That's what people do when they can't deal with the pain. I've never had a drink after a painful loss. I love soaking it up and savoring the pain until that next championship comes. I honestly don't think the Phils WFC would have been as amazing if I didn't do it this way. All those years of painful defeats washed away.

Now the process starts over. 3 in the hole since.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

phillymic2000

Quote from: King Cole on June 10, 2010, 01:21:08 AM
That's what people do when they can't deal with the pain. I've never had a drink after a painful loss. I love soaking it up and savoring the pain until that next championship comes. I honestly don't think the Phils WFC would have been as amazing if I didn't do it this way. All those years of painful defeats washed away.

Now the process starts over. 3 in the hole since.

fuvck you Cole #is trhe mother faerrgjn magic nimber@@@@!!

phillymic2000

i meant to saty # 3 is the majic number, like Dela sadi!!

Don Ho

Mic, you ok?  Wow. 

Went for a long walk this evening and listened to WIP on my blackberry which made me feel a little better.  Just cracked open the first Bud Light.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

bad goalie - 1
destiny - 0

the hideous soft goals leighton let in dont need much explaining...especially this backbreaking sequence:

richards destroys kopecky building ignites for the first time all evening
its still buzzing when leino and briere walk in a minute later
a minute after that leighton give up the incredibe softy

i mean the OT goal speaks for itself but i honestly feel like the sharp goal lost them the game and that if he doesnt give up a weak one there the flyers score again and go up by two or more

but forget the soft goals...where are leightons big saves...where was leightons version of neimmi on carter...the only time i can remember him standing even a little bit tall was that one sequence at the start of game 5 where he made a big save or two during chicagos blitzkrieg operation...but he even followed that up with getting pulled...basically what im saying is the soft goals get remembered as they should but not making the big saves hurt as well and neimmi proved that...he was by no means great this series...however when they needed a huge stop he was there for them and thats almost as important as not giving up the softies

as a whole what an unreal run...this suprassed the sixers in 01 and i dont say that lightly and cant believe i am saying it so soon as i thought that would stand on its own for a long time

as exciting as it was deep depression is starting to form tho....watching chicagos young talent skate around the flyers in circles for most of the series put a spotlight on just how bleak the flyers future is...no goalie in sight...other than giroux and carter no real young talent to speak of and that goes for the organization not just at the nhl level...i LOVE richards but lets realize what he is....a great second line grit type of centerman...with timonen just about done (man did he look like he was skating in mud this series) and pronger not to far off they are big trouble over the next couple seasons...and when the time comes to do it...and to be fair its probably two seasons away they need to completely purge....none of this finishing 6th 7th or 8th in the conference and being happy to win a round...just blow the shtein up and start stockpiling draft picks to try and rebuild
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quotei mean the OT goal speaks for itself but i honestly feel like the sharp goal lost them the game and that if he doesnt give up a weak one there the flyers score again and go up by two or more

absolutely, no screen about 20 feet away, let it go five hole, totally deflating goal and you felt the energy go out of the building
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The neutral and defensive zone play was atrocious until the 3rd period.  The refs and announcers all had hard-on's for Chicago.  Leighton played like a journeyman backup.  Blah.

My biggest comfort comes from believing they would have been dominated a la game 5 if it got pushed to 7.  Also, the final goal seemed so anticlimactic, and I turned off the game as soon as I saw the replay... So, I'm convinced that they couldn't enjoy it much.

Also, Richards is gay for touching the Eastern Conference trophy.  And Carter is gay for not being able to lift the puck over Niemi.  Gay.

smeags

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 10, 2010, 08:03:29 AM

Carter is gay for not being able to lift the puck over Niemi.  Gay.

^^^this.

great run but the reality is going to set in about this team. things need to change. do the flyers move carter ? go after a goalie ? would price be someone to think of ? so many questions.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome