2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

I also don't want to hear that those HRs were cheap ass ones either. They were all (except Blanton's) HRs in any park in MLB.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

I could care less if its 1-0 or 10-9.

1 more win. unreal.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 26, 2008, 11:43:59 PM
I also don't want to hear that those HRs were cheap ass ones either. They were all (except Blanton's) HRs in any park in MLB.

If ANY home run was a CBP special, it was Crawford's.

PhillyGirl

Maddon: "especially in this ballpark"

Your team was hitting HRs like there was no tomorrow....why aren't they hitting them in "THIS" ballpark?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Howard's home run to right would have left the grand canyon.  That was an absolute blast.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 26, 2008, 11:52:39 PM
Maddon: "especially in this ballpark"

Your team was hitting HRs like there was no tomorrow....why aren't they hitting them in "THIS" ballpark?

The Bank really is a pitcher's paradise. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 17, 2008, 09:42:35 PM
they also could have waited closer to the deadline when presumably some other names better than fatty blanton will hit the block

i agree this is an eaton upgrade and not a terrible trade but its not going to win them the world series thus its a failure

Munson

haha there's probably gems like that all throughout this thread. And not just from him.

But...mostly from him.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

The BIGSTUD

Is anyone watching Blanton's presser? Some wise ass just asked him "what that stuff on your hat is?"

What a farging loser. I want to find out who asked that.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

BigEd76

we're a Cole Hamels win at home away from a World Series championship

I still can't believe this

Munson

Blanton left his hat on the bench and Moyer sat on it by accident.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Quote from: King Cole on October 26, 2008, 11:58:51 PM
Is anyone watching Blanton's presser? Some wise ass just asked him "what that stuff on your hat is?"

When he kept rubbing his bill, I was actually kinda hoping that Blanton was getting away with doctored balls. Stuff like that makes the game fun. In this case though, I'm pretty sure Blanton is just a filthy southerner with a flithy hat and some filthy pitches.

The BIGSTUD

Joe Maddon said he was concerned about it too. They asked Charlie about it and he took the high road and said it didn't bother him.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

reese125

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 26, 2008, 11:55:01 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 17, 2008, 09:42:35 PM
they also could have waited closer to the deadline when presumably some other names better than fatty blanton will hit the block

i agree this is an eaton upgrade and not a terrible trade but its not going to win them the world series thus its a failure

why bother QB

Im shocked nobody made the thread "The Worst IGY Predictions Ever" yet...could have hit a solid 20 pages easy

BigEd76