2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Bruntlett....what a horses ass.

Victorino steals and helps out that loser Bruntlett.

MDS

its a sad day in baseball land when shane victorino is the best player on the field
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

May as well try to have Victorino steal home.  Might be the best chance they have.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 21, 2008, 10:01:27 PM
May as well try to have Victorino steal home.  Might be the best chance they have.

Nah. Everyone knows the beloved MVP will win this one for 'em.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

shteinheads.

What a terrible loss.

Thank you Ryan Madson. You suck

MDS

another terrible loss. this stretch vs. la, ny and chi is gonna be it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 21, 2008, 10:14:43 PM
Watch them come out and go like 7-2.

It never ends with you, does it?  You're that guy who will dig all the way through a huge pile of horseshtein, because you figure there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 21, 2008, 10:18:30 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 21, 2008, 10:14:43 PM
Watch them come out and go like 7-2.

It never ends with you, does it?  You're that guy who will dig all the way through a huge pile of horseshtein, because you figure there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere.

I'm trying to even make myself believe what I typed. I don't.

Geowhizzer

Scary thing is that they have a 3.49 ERA in August, and have split their games (9-9).  The offense, and the offense alone, is killing this team.

The pitching goes south at all, and it's going to be an ugly end to this season.

MDS

there is is a 0% chance they make the playoffs. not even another mets choke job will save them.

LBIggle

even if they do, it won't amount to anything.  they shouldn't have made it last year and i'm hoping they don't this year.  maybe something substantial will be done in the offseason.  like not replacing your best outfielder with geoff jenkins.  but of course like a tard, i will watch them disappoint until the season comes to a close.  or until sept. 7th.

Rome

Completely illogical.  You're hoping they don't make the playoffs so that they'll do something in the offseason?  Since when have they done anything in recent offseasons but sign mediocre and washed up garbage?

Hoping they'll see the light is retarded because they won't.  The best we can hope for is another stirring playoff run in the regular season followed by a first round playoff exit.

It won't change anything but nothing will ever change significantly until ownership changes.  That's the real deal, folks.