2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

farg choke dog and his ridiculous contract demands...hes a god damn butcher in the field and the entire league knows how to get him out...i dont care if his lard carries 45 homers a year out of that bandbox hes not a guy you win with

trade him to the al where hed be a good dh and get top value for him while you can
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

When Santana was being shopped to the Mets I jokingly said send them Howard, but could you imagine Cole/Santana/Myers as your starting 3? Throw Burrell in the 4 hole and sign a decent 1st baseman. I'm not as down on him as some but starting pitching is where its at.

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 19, 2008, 09:43:40 AM
When Santana was being shopped to the Mets I jokingly said send them Howard, but could you imagine Cole/Santana/Myers as your starting 3? Throw Burrell in the 4 hole and sign a decent 1st baseman. I'm not as down on him as some but starting pitching is where its at.

I said the same thing, but I wasn't joking. I would have been perfectly fine sending Howard for a pitcher like Santana. Howard isnt signing here long term anyway, and his value was never higher than it was this past offseason(before his arbitration), it could only get lower from here.

I am not crapping on Howard by any means, I love the guy...but in strictly a baseball sense, his 200ks and lack of defense hurt more than the 50 HRs helped.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

DH

Quote from: EagleFeva on April 19, 2008, 03:37:23 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 18, 2008, 09:41:33 AM
farg the bitchass Mets.

I hope they enjoyed their 4am arrival in Philly, come out tired as shtein and The King Johan will still set down 10+.

They sure looked tired didn't they?  Wags looked especially tired making the 3 up, 3 down save...

Johan - 28 SO's (tied for the league lead, btw)
Cole - 19 SO's

This is gonna get ugly, man...

If you people call Hamels "king", what does that make Johan? Pharaoh?

SD_Eagle5

Either Queen or the Pope. The Pope because he was carrying rosary beads while he was pitching.

PhillyPhreak54

What's going to get ugly is the Mets bullpen.

Heilman is an automatic HR allowed. Wags? He'll give 'em up soon enough, when it counts the most.

SunMo

farging a....John Marzano was found dead at his home, i really liked him on DNL and Post Game Live

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/sports&id=6091020
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

DH

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on April 19, 2008, 02:39:40 PM
farging a....John Marzano was found dead at his home, i really liked him on DNL and Post Game Live

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/sports&id=6091020

Holy shtein. :o

I liked him at first but thought he got stupid some times when on WIP.

Damn...

DH

Marzano is going to help the Phillies beat the Mutts today!

PhillyPhreak54

I have to watch it in spanish. Its on Fox Sports Espanol, which I just ordered. :-D

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 19, 2008, 03:58:21 PM
I have to watch it in spanish. Its on Fox Sports Espanol, which I just ordered. :-D

¡Viva la beisbol!

ice grillin you

good start

so benson replaces kendrick carrasco replaces eaton but who replaces moyer in july
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.