Injury notes

Started by MURP, August 03, 2005, 10:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: T_Section224 on August 03, 2005, 02:04:20 PM
i'm just saying....

like i said, when he touched the ball he looked awesome!

oh, and that kid (moats) who is the 'clone' of westy, let me tell you, he's so small they couldn't find him in the backfield if they wanted to, and EXTREMELY quick.  i like him back there.

Cut Westbrook!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

T_Section224

shorties are cool in my book!

there was a huge difference between the new guys and the vets which is to be expected, all i'm saying is he looked pretty sharp.

on the other hand there were several times where both moats and brown were not sure of where to line up and the qb's and coaches looked frustrated.

also, it was AWESOME to see the d-backs talking to reggie after plays giving him some tips and what-not, at least that's what it looked like from my vantage point.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Larry

Quote from: MURP on August 03, 2005, 01:02:13 PM
rumor is that Jammal Jackson has a partially torn tricep.

Fraley is preordained to be our center forever.

Bubba Miller...Scott Peters...Alonzo Ephraim...Jammal Jackson... :sly
More Mahe please.

ice grillin you

there was a huge difference between the new guys and the vets which is to be expected, all i'm saying is he looked pretty sharp

how big was the crowd...how early were people there...

im going saturday and im trying to figure out what time to get there this year so i can get a seat at the top of the bleachers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

T_Section224

we got there around 8:00 and barely found bleacher seats.  i couldn't guess the size of the crowd, but it seeme bigger this year for the first day then it did last year.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

QuoteThe high temperatures had an impact on the players. Running back Correll Buckhalter, wide receiver Greg Lewis and cornerback Lito Sheppard all had to come out due to problems from the heat.

Linebacker Matt McCoy suffered a slight MCL sprain and did not practice. He is day-to-day. Defensive tackle Sam Rayburn hyper extended his elbow and is day-to-day. Offensive lineman Jamaal Jackson slightly tore his triceps. Reid was not sure if it was the same triceps muscle he tore last year, he said the trainers were looking at it and would provide an update as soon as possible.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Wait, Lito had heat-related problems?    :o

He's from Jacksonville, for God's sake!  They practically invented heat down here.   :-D :-D

MURP

QuoteOnly a few minor injuries. Artis Hicks did not practice due to knee tendonitis. FS Sean Considine has a shoulder sublex. RB Correll Buckhalter has a knee contusion, pretty good bruise on surgically repaired knee, and will need a few more days.

Backup center Jamaal Jackson has a tricep tear. He will rest the next couple of weeks before making a decision on his status. Defensive tackle Sam Rayburn is making big strides with his hyper-extended elbow.

Linebacker Greg Richmond's back is calming down and wide receiver Todd Pinkston will have surgery on his ruptured Achilles tendon but a date has not been set. Pinkston declined to speak to reporters as he walked with the assistance of crutches to Buckhalter's car.

Cornerback Rod Hood suffered a shin contusion during Saturday morning's practice.

PhillyGirl

TO was back at practice today....and SMILING!

What EVER will they talk about today on ESPN?

FWIW...its raining up there. I wish he'd stay out of practice for the day.  :paranoid
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote# Receiver Terrell Owens was back on the practice field Sunday after missing the last couple of days because of a groin injury.

# Injuries: Defensive end Jamaal Green suffered a left foot strain, while running back Bruce Perry was sidelined with a concussion during Sunday morning's practice.

# Also not practicing Sunday were cornerback Lito Sheppard (illness), running back Correll Buckhalter (knee), safety Sean Considine (shoulder), cornerback Rod Hood (shin), center Jamaal Jackson (tricep), wide receiver Todd Pinkston (Achilles), defensive tackle Sam Rayburn (elbow) and linebacker Greg Richmond (back).

WEST is GOD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 07, 2005, 10:32:06 AM

TO was back at practice today....and SMILING!

What EVER will they talk about today on ESPN?

FWIW...its raining up there. I wish he'd stay out of practice for the day.  :paranoid

Now that we know he's smiling, any updates on the brightness level of his teeth?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyGirl

Breaking news:

TO needs to use the Zoom Whitening treatment as his teeth are not as white as they should be.

This breaking news was reported by Rush Limbaugh.

ice grillin you

Off the record, Rush would also like TO to remove the bone from his nose
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

QuoteNOTES: REDD AT RB ON TUESDAY
August 9, 2005
By ZACH BERMAN

BETHELEHEM, Pa.-- With the majority of the Eagles' running backs benched on the trainer's table, receiver Robert Redd shifted over to running back for Tuesday's practices.  :-D

The shift highlighted a routine practice heavy on game-situations as the Eagles prepare for their preseason opener on Monday against the Steelers.

Offensive coordinator Brad Childress said Redd had some experience at running back while playing in the NFL Europe, and he's eager to find a way on the field however he can. He's excelled at receiver throughout training camp, displaying quickness and a sure-handedness.

But with the injury bug bumming the running backs, the temporary move was a way to prove to the coaches that he was willing to help. Childress joked that Redd even offered to play cornerback if it would secure a spot on the roster.

"He wants to make this team so bad," Childress said. "The more you can do, the better off you are. He has some ability (back there)."

Injuries

The only new injury to report is DT Darwin Walker, who was sidelined with illness.

Otherwise, the absentees on Tuesday were sidelined with previously reported injuries. Terrell Owens sat out for his second consecutive day after practicing on Sunday. Correll Buckhalter is still trying to improve from a knee contusion.

Starting left tackle Tra Thomas still hasn't practiced because of a blood clot. Running backs Bruce Perry and Ryan Moats are both suffering from concussions.

Roderick Hood and Sean Considine are still missing from the secondary. DE Jamaal Green continues to nurse a left foot strain. Jamaal Jackson is still recovering from a torn tricep and Greg Richmond is rehabbing a herniated disc.

Despite the injuries, Childress doesn't feel the offense is behind schedule. While the Eagles are lining up with two new starting receivers and only half of their running backs are healthy, the goal remains sound execution.

"We're going to gameplan and take advantage of what we see defenses doing regardless of personnel groups whether it's receivers, tight ends or halfbacks out of the backfield," Childress said

MURP

well it sounds like Redd has a good chance to make the squad as a #6 WR.