This used to be our playground....

Started by PhillyGirl, January 28, 2004, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleGreen

I think one of those pics was showing a little of Michael Irvin's brain tissue stuck in the concrete!

Seriously, as much a the Linc rules, I will miss the Vet because it is where first saw my beloved Eagles live and in person at the age of 20.  I took my uncle (FS'64) and his friend to a preseason game in 1988 against the Jets (tickets in the 700 level were $20).  Since then the Vet has held so many memories for me.  Sure it sucked as a facility, but it is where the tough as nails Eagle fans tortured opposing teams (an often the Eagles).  Somehow I always got some perverse pride from the 700 level and our turf everyone was a fraid of.

Bye Bye Buddy, Bye Bye Big Clyde, Bye Bye 4th & 1 (twice!), Bye Bye Wes & Andre!  

EG
(At least we now have 4th & 26).

BigEd76

Looks like nobody wanted the gigantic out-of-warranty Phanavisions...  ;D

JTrotterFan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 28, 2004, 04:04:26 PM

That rat infested POS stadium holds some of the greatest times of my entire childhood and after. I spent half my life there, it feels like.  >:( I feel like you just talked bad about my mom.

Believe me, i spent plenty of time in that place.  I can't say i miss it.  I think towards the future and the christening of Cit Bank Park with a World Championship for the Philles this fall.  And next season, the Eagles rolling thru to the Super Bowl at the Linc.  
I have my share of memories from the Vet...but i'm not losing any sleep over it's impending death.
2004 NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!

henchmanUK

Quote from: hbionic on January 28, 2004, 03:52:53 PM
I truly am honored to say that I was able to attend that mighty arena.

:'(

Me too.  :'(
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

AE

I don't see much of a difference from when I attended the games.  What gives?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 28, 2004, 10:43:57 PM
Looks like nobody wanted the gigantic out-of-warranty Phanavisions...  ;D

It's hard to beleive that when the Vet opened, they were state of the art screens and also the biggest in pro sports.  

Syracuse

That is so farging sad.
I feel like I was just kicked in the stomach.
I am an agent of chaos

ballhawkdawk

Quote from: KoRn on January 29, 2004, 09:03:55 AM
That is so farging sad.
I feel like I was just kicked in the stomach.

:'(

The Vet's crappy turf used to be our 12th man. Ahhhh the memories of opposing teams tripping in open field.....

mussa

its a shame they had to tear it down >:(
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

smeags

i agree with "sapp hater". good riddance. that stadium was horrible and probably spent more time in it then most on this board.

shoot, i remember going to eagles game before the suites were put in and walking around the top of the stadium but i am not upset at all that the dump is going.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

henchmanUK

Quote from: sean_sec227 on January 29, 2004, 09:53:50 AM
i agree with "sapp hater". good riddance. that stadium was horrible and probably spent more time in it then most on this board.

shoot, i remember going to eagles game before the suites were put in and walking around the top of the stadium but i am not upset at all that the dump is going.

Hope you got something nice from The Devil in exchange for your soul. ;)
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

BrewCrewLeader

I can distinctly remember watching them build that place..I always envisioned it being built by circus clowns, due to the odd angles of those blessed ramps  :o  Whats really sad is that I remember what was on that site before the Vet. A bowling alley which was right across the street for the infamous Aquarama that was there, now theres a blast from the past. From where I lived I watch it go up piece by piece, Dad used to take me down to watch them build it, and then when it was finally opened I couldn't resist the lure of going to a Phils game and finding some adult to pretend we were with them in order to get the 50 cent 700 level tickets for 14 and under  ;D

On a side note , this is really weird..lets see  Connie Mack Stadium, Franklin Field, The Vet, and now the Linc...hmmmm back is starting to hurt some now    :D

hunt

i hope they relocate all the rats & cats before the implosion.   :paranoid
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Susquehanna Birder

I think the rats are all up in City Hall.

dpierce

Quote from: ballhawkdawk on January 29, 2004, 09:26:10 AM
The Vet's crappy turf used to be our 12th man. Ahhhh the memories of opposing teams tripping in open field.....

I remember the game where Wendell Davis blew out both of his knees...simutaneously. :paranoid

I guess G_F is gonna have to change the name of the site to GrassField.com...although the name could draw a few blunt smokers. ;)
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?