Rest Of Baseball - 2023

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 31, 2023, 07:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I was in St Pete this week for a conference.  The hotel was a few blocks from that hulking piece of concrete shtein of a stadium the Rays have.  It's worse than I remembered.  What a shame that such a good team is resigned to play in such a shteinhole. 

The irony is St Petersburg is now incredibly beautiful.  Total transformation since the last time I visited. 

Geowhizzer

This is a hell of a way for a guy to lose a perfect game.  Another former Phil - Drew Smyly.

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1649512825918832640

PhillyPhreak54

When I see the Rays stadium it reminds me of the concrete building they constructed around Chernobyls melted reactor building

PhillyPhreak54

Pirates are 16-7 and have won 7 in a row. Our buddy Vince Velasquez threw 7 today and fanned 10.

Geowhizzer

Conforto must think he's still playing for the Mets.

ice grillin you

yennier cano's numbers are ludicrous

18.2 IP
3 hits
0.00 era
0 BB
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Scumbag organization - the Nats. A split double header make up with separate admissions? After waiting nearly five hours?

Mets crew showing why they're still the best

https://twitter.com/johndemarsico/status/1657559572482084868 46&t=Uib2YOn6CJgx-z2RaE9o7Q

PhillyPhreak54

Let's all laugh at the Mets

Because regardless of what the Phillies do there's always "Uncle Steve" and his historic payroll getting their asses beat

PhillyPhreak54

Mets down 5-2 in the 9th and the Rays BP imploded

5-5 on a 3R Homer

TB goes up 7-5 in extras

3R walkoff Mets sun 8-7

PhillyPhreak54

Cards are blistering the ball lately

Fun game.

Losing 2-0 to up 9-2 to up 9-8 and now up 16-8

PhillyPhreak54

Braves have lost back to back to Oakland

Baseball is something else

Don Ho

Braves traveling party probably bigger than actual announced attendance at Oakland Mausolem.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

san diego is the first team to essentially be dropped by their RSN, so mlb took over the games.

this is a preview of where the distribution model could be going...if you have cable its a different channel# but otherwise the presentation is unchanged. if you dont have cable, the games are paywalled but accessible.

this is the type of balance teams need to strike, though id advocate for putting at least some games on broadcast tv. the appletv/mls thing is a disaster, paywalls kill sports.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 16, 2023, 08:39:42 PMLet's all laugh at the Mets

Because regardless of what the Phillies do there's always "Uncle Steve" and his historic payroll getting their asses beat

mets 9-4 since this post
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'm impressed you went and counted up their record after a message board post