Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

It's no mls that's for sure
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its an impossible comp but on the whole boxing does do better

though boxing has not even come close to crossing over into the main stream. i see more activity about ufc than any bout. boxing needs mega stars who fight each other on regular tv, anything short of that is niche. which is what they are, like mls.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Boxing needs mega stars to survive while UFC needs MAGA fans to survive

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 16, 2022, 02:21:24 PM
Boxing needs mega stars to survive while UFC needs MAGA fans to survive

maybe j's most on point take ever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

For real I don't think I've ever met a UFC fan that wasn't. Sure people will watch but the ones who are stone cold UFC people take their medical advice from renowned Dr Joe Rogan.

Geowhizzer

Pay-per-view gave a crap-ton of short-term money to boxing, but the dearth of accessible quality matches meant that the sport did not grow a new generation of fans, and killed boxing in the long run.

I can't remember the last full match I've actually watched.  It's probably been at least a decade.

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 16, 2022, 06:53:36 PM
Pay-per-view gave a crap-ton of short-term money to boxing, but the dearth of accessible quality matches meant that the sport did not grow a new generation of fans, and killed boxing in the long run.

I can't remember the last full match I've actually watched.  It's probably been at least a decade.

yup. its the #1 thing that destroyed the sport. and it happened because there is no governing body for it. every fighter is a free agent and on their own. there are 100 different organizations that have belts. so nobody knows who the champ is. boxing needs to have 1 worldwide org (like the pga...ok bad example) that has its own tv deal and everyone joins that org or is obsolete.

until they do this they are just never going to cross over into the mainstream

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed.

I love boxing and wish they would've had some sort of governing body years ago. And with the PPV you'd get ripped for $50-100 and see trash fights. Or guys would dodge each other until they're in their twilight just for a huge payday - and then play grab ass the entire fight.

ice grillin you

there's almost a great fight every weekend for free...if you don't watch it's cause you don't like the sport...and that's ok

MDS

basically the temple/tulsa version of the fights are free while ohio st/michigan is on ppv

do i have this right

ice grillin you

absolutely not... but I will concede this...a bunch are on cable pay stations but that's not PPV to me

MDS

so youre telling me they put the biggest fights of the year on regular ass tv....this is a lie

ice grillin you

I mean the heavyweight championship is not going to be on espn but espn/top rank has a great fight almost every weekend these days

MDS

youre a boxer homer so a great fight for you is like oklahoma state/texas tech where the average person couldnt care less

im talking about the big time fights, those are still ppv

ice grillin you

like I said no one is forcing you to watch and if you don't like boxing you don't like boxing....same as me and soccer

but there's valid great championship fights on regular tv or cable all the time