Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on May 06, 2015, 01:58:33 PM
Think I've heard it before. The only hole in that theory is why wouldn't Ned tell his wife? She'd have kept his secret.

Just like she could be trusted to stay at Winterfell, not recklessly capture Tyrion, not release Jaime, etc.

She farging hated Jon Snow and wanted the kid to die. No way can she be trusted with that info.

QB Eagles

Quote from: smeags on May 06, 2015, 08:47:17 AM
reek kills ramsay as he is trying to rape and kill sansa but is then is killed by an arrow shot by one of stannis' soliders.

BTW I am calling this right now. The show is gonna have Stannis about to clear out the Boltons or about to do a bunch of other good shtein, and then Brienne is gonna kill him to avenge Renly and majorly piss off the audience.

Eagaholic

I also think it is likely Lyanna on her death bed made Ned swear to say Jon was his own. She understood what the consequences would be for him if Robert knew he was Raegar's son. So Ned, because of his honor, would have to bear that cross the rest of his life or risk becoming enemies with Robert for killing his nephew. Ironically, the last thing Ned ever says to Jon is that the next time they meet he would tell him who his mother is. It would be safer after Jon takes his vows to withdraw from the affairs of men. 'We'll talk more when I get back' is also the last thing Benjen says to Jon as well iirc, an interesting recurrence. Don't like that they axed characters like Coldhands and Strong Belwas but instead opt for mediocre sublines and characters like Daario. Like, how the farg are we supposed to buy into a pretty boy character with a refined and proper Brittish accent who was the son of a whore, grew up a slave and survived the fighting pits?

Like the Brienne killing Stannis theory. That would be farged up and consistent with the show no mercy to anyone especially  the audience tact the showrunners are taking.

Of all the badasses like the Mountain, Oberyn, Roose etc., the one with the biggest balls has to be Littlefinger. He has to know there wouldn't be a square inch of skin left on him if the Bolton's knew of any ulterior motives - or even kissing Sansa. And what was that about? My thought is that he wants Sansa to kill the Boltons and then marry Sansa, making him the Ward of the North as well as the Lord of the Vale. 2 Down and about 4 to go. He wants to sit on the IT and I think that is his midgame. But he'll probably wait until the Boltons and Lannisters half wipe each other out first, maybe orchestrating the Tyrells to jump into the fray, given that he and Olenna share the secret of Joffrey's death and both want the Lannisters out of the way. Cercei sent Mace away in part sensing the dangers of the Tyrells. Although if she was smarter she could probably use him more keeping him near since he is a buffoon.

Meanwhile, if Jon really is Raegar's son, does he stand anywhere in the line of succession? In Westeros, no, bastiches don't count. Except for by Dorne law iirc. Hmmm.

SD

I wish Oberyn was around longer. Great character..."the red viper of dawn"...great nickname too

QB Eagles

I don't know if Littlefinger really wants to sit on the Iron Throne. That's been a somewhat dangerous position lately. He does want power though. And he's sapping power from everyone else. He's using Cersei against the Tyrells (at least I'm guessing the correspondence between the two has something to do with that), and given the timing of when that necklace threat from Dorne arrived, I'm betting he sent that too. And obviously the Lannisters are crumbling in all kinds of ways.

Cersei is potentially the least intelligent power broker left. Roose can play the game well, as can Olenna, and (maybe????) Doran. Her paranoia has been a very useful conduit for Littlefinger to execute his plans.

I think Sansa will ultimately be his downfall. His feelings for Cat/Sansa are his major weakpoint, and Sansa now knows that Petyr is very dangerous. She's just waiting for the appropriate moment to unravel him.

Munson

I've only read the first three books but yeah the Jon being Lyanna's son theory is the biggest one I believe.

Even in the first book, they hint at it so hard.

As for the rest of the convo....I could see it coming to light that Jon is in fact the offspring of Lyanna/Rhaegar, which would make him the perfect King to Dany's Queen.

But the only person who would know that information for sure is Howland Reed, who has yet to show up. Though Littlefinger's face definitely seemed to indicate he knows something too...along with Stannis saying "perhaps...but that wasn't Ned Stark's way."

I still am not sure what Littlefinger's end game is other than having a whole lot of power and being able to take his revenge on anyone he wants. Like Varys said to Olenna in Season 3, he'd burn the whole kingdom down if he could be King of the ashes. But as of right now, he's playing the Lannisters behind their backs to the Tyrells AND the Boltons, he's playing the Boltons behind their back with Sansa, and I'm gonna guess he lets the Tyrells in on his plan against the Boltons as well. We saw in the trailers Lady Olenna saying to what looks like Littlefinger "They'll never be able to find what's left of your body" or something like that. I'm guessing he threatens to expose the secret or something.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on May 06, 2015, 08:31:16 PM
I've only read the first three books but yeah the Jon being Lyanna's son theory is the biggest one I believe.

Even in the first book, they hint at it so hard.

As for the rest of the convo....I could see it coming to light that Jon is in fact the offspring of Lyanna/Rhaegar, which would make him the perfect King to Dany's Queen.

But the only person who would know that information for sure is Howland Reed, who has yet to show up. Though Littlefinger's face definitely seemed to indicate he knows something too...along with Stannis saying "perhaps...but that wasn't Ned Stark's way."

I still am not sure what Littlefinger's end game is other than having a whole lot of power and being able to take his revenge on anyone he wants. Like Varys said to Olenna in Season 3, he'd burn the whole kingdom down if he could be King of the ashes. But as of right now, he's playing the Lannisters behind their backs to the Tyrells AND the Boltons, he's playing the Boltons behind their back with Sansa, and I'm gonna guess he lets the Tyrells in on his plan against the Boltons as well. We saw in the trailers Lady Olenna saying to what looks like Littlefinger "They'll never be able to find what's left of your body" or something like that. I'm guessing he threatens to expose the secret or something.
Maybe the best single line in all of GOT imo. This and a couple of times LF replied "Oh, only everything" when asked what he really wants, is behind my assumption he wants the IT, as well the chaos is ladder scene scene with 3 or 4 possible implications. Agreed nothing concrete that it is LFs ultimate ambition but to me the evidence well suggested.

http://www.quotes.net/show-quote/34235

smeags

to me this story all comes down to dany and jon. - song of fire & ice - so it makes sense that they would end up together (targaryens are well known to wed with their own) and unite the 7 kingdoms in the fight against the real enemy.

on my thought of jon accepting stannis' offer to be a stark, breienne takes down stannis but he doesn't die right away. as he lies, dying in a bed, jon accepts his offer becoming a stark and lord of winterfell, ward of the north.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

See I think Bran ends up being a huge piece of the story too. The fact that he can warg combined with Dany having dragons....just seems set up perfectly for some sort of major interaction.

I also think Tyrion will play some sort of huge role, and the show seems to be going in that direction for sure.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

i agree with all of that.. no doubt both bran and tyrion will continue to be big parts of the ultimate end game. i just think that it will be jon with dany as king & queen which will unite the entire kingdom.

another reason i think this is how aemon targaryen made sure jon rose to the top. i think he knows about jon's bloodline as well.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

Jon and Dany ruling together in peace and harmony seems a little too much sunshine and rainbows for GoT.

SD

Plus if the rumored Jon's mom/Rhaegar is true doesn't that make them related

Eagles_Legendz

Yes though Targs intermarry so I dunno.

If you want to see a cool video someone made - it is a dream sequence Ned had in the first book after he's stabbed in the streets.  The show decided not to do that sort of flashback (until this season) so it wasn't included.  This is book material so only watch with that understanding, but it's from book 1.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Mp8MzAjAY

Zanshin

I'm sure someone posted this at some point, but it was new to me, so I figured I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ