Grizzlyman

Started by Yeti, February 28, 2006, 02:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

Timothy Treadwell was a struggling actor turned film maker who lived with Grizzly Bears in Alaska for 10 years before being killed and eaten by one.  I saw some of his work before he was killed and thought it was interesting.  Decent photography and some astounding footage.  I watched the documentary "Grizzlyman" and I realized that he was a dumbass.  He grew up in New York on Long Island.  Lived in L.A..  Had a drinking and drug problem and then decided to do like a Jeff Corwin type of show to do something with his acting.  While out there he got sober and said he owed this to his new animal friends, who later ate him and his girlfriend.  He carried no protection and camped in the thick of Grizzly territory.
  Its great to like the outdoors and have a respect for nature but to think you can become part of a wild animal pack is stupid.  He wanted to protect the bears from hunters and poachers but all he did was get them used to people which caused a death sentence for the bear that ate him and maybe others who will wander into human areas looking for handouts.
  I was thinking of filming a parody called "Rottweilerman" where I dress like him and mimic the scenes from the movie, but at the end of every scene I get attacked by the dogs.

That would be funny. 
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Wingspan

i watched grizzly man a few weeks ago.

after about 45 minutes of it, i was glad the bears won.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Great new thread on a topic that hasn't already been discussed thoroughly on this board.

Yeti

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 28, 2006, 02:53:55 PM
Great new thread on a topic that hasn't already been discussed thoroughly on this board.

I seached "Treadwell" before I posted.  Did we discuss my awesome movie idea too?

Hbionic

SunMo

i don't have a feeling either way about Treadwell, i have a problem with that flagty director of the documentary.  he used the fact that Treadwell and his girlfriend got eaten by bears to promote his piece of shtein documentary, then he comes up with some shtein about the privacy of someones death and doesn't include the audio in the film.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Yeti

Quote from: Sun_Mo on February 28, 2006, 03:00:00 PM
i don't have a feeling either way about Treadwell, i have a problem with that flagty director of the documentary.  he used the fact that Treadwell and his girlfriend got eaten by bears to promote his piece of shtein documentary, then he comes up with some shtein about the privacy of someones death and doesn't include the audio in the film.

I agree.  He did everything shy of playing the tape with the coroner description of the tape and the maulings. 

Hbionic

mussa

grizzlyman was great.  treadwell pretty much so insane, he can't function with humans, so he went up to the wild with the animals.  i have nothing against the documentary, it would of been real nice to hear the bear tear them apart, but then again out of respect for the family and friends, its best they kept it off. 

i for one will pay to see your movie idea yeti.  hell i might even film it for free, just as long as i get free room and broad, i mean board. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

For those who saw it on discovery... did they bleep out all the swearing?  cause honestly, some of his tangents while cursing his ass off were classic.

rjs246

Yeah they bleeped it out. Which made me throw even more shtein at the television. I'm not sure I've ever seen a more rage-inducing movie. I wanted him to die from the first second he was on the screen.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

ironmen or whatever that wheelchair didgeball movie is called is on a&e tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

murderball is on tv?  watch it, it's great.

ice grillin you

murderball word...and i will never watch it...that ill shaven man who looks like flea from red hot chili peppers scares me

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: MURP on February 28, 2006, 03:45:00 PM
For those who saw it on discovery... did they bleep out all the swearing?  cause honestly, some of his tangents while cursing his ass off were classic.

Seriously, the one part where is he is talking about the park rangers, and being the only one really protecting the animals may as well have been a ten minute uninterrupted bleep.

I farging hated that documentary. I almost watched the entire, grainy, piece of shtein that it was waiting to hear the dumbass and his dumbass girlfriend get eaten alive. About fifteen minutes before the lump of shtein reaches fin, the toolbag director notes he won't play the clip.

Won't play the clip?!?! What the farg do you think people are watching this for??!?!

As I said, farging toolbag.

Yeti, you better do the "Rottweilerman" flick. You'll rake in millions. The sounds of you phony screams will fill the two hour void left in my useless life that was stolen form me by that assfaced director. Fake screams are almost as good as real ones at filling one's gaps in time.....
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

Murderball was farging awesome. I would proudly fight any one of those gimps.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

the scene with the tape was around the half way point not near the end

i thought it was great...then again what do i know about film