Final Monday Night game

Started by Yeti, December 27, 2005, 11:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

What's the deal with Monday Night Football?  Is it gone for good?  Is it moving to a differant station?  Will the formatt be the same?  Will they keep Al?  Will they bring back O.J.?
If this has been discussed, humor me and discuss it again.

I live in the woods for christs sake.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

SunMo

Sunday Night game = NBC with John Madden as color guy, i'm not sure who the play by play is, also includes exclusive rights to show highlights before the game

Monday Night game = ESPN with Al Michaels and Theisman, ESPN can't show any highlights of Sunday's games until after the NBC game is over.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

fansince61

ABC lost a lot of money with MNF..ESPN will get MNF next year schedules of who plays on MNF will be changed each week(if necassary) so that the "Primier" game each week will be on Monday night.  This will probably drive the coaches crazy but will be fun for the fans :yay  To bad Theisman will be on..still like Madden and Aikman the best :-\

ice grillin you

the way they are talking about it youd think its gone wouldnt you?...its moving to a new network thats all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: fansince61 on December 27, 2005, 12:16:33 PM
ABC lost a lot of money with MNF..ESPN will get MNF next year schedules of who plays on MNF will be changed each week(if necassary) so that the "Primier" game each week will be on Monday night.  This will probably drive the coaches crazy but will be fun for the fans :yay  To bad Theisman will be on..still like Madden and Aikman the best :-\

actually, i believe the flex scheduling will apply to NBC, the Sunday Night game now becomes what MNF was to ABC, the single national game on network TV.  it makes sense to allow flex scheduling for NBC.  it's easier to change a Sunday afternoon game to a Sunday night game than it is to change a Sunday game to a Monday night game or vice versa.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

fansince61

Quote from: Sun_Mo on December 27, 2005, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: fansince61 on December 27, 2005, 12:16:33 PM

actually, i believe the flex scheduling will apply to NBC, the Sunday Night game now becomes what MNF was to ABC, the single national game on network TV.  it makes sense to allow flex scheduling for NBC.  it's easier to change a Sunday afternoon game to a Sunday night game than it is to change a Sunday game to a Monday night game or vice versa.

I thought flex scheduling applied to both ???

BigEd76

There's speculation that the play-by-play guy for NBC could be Marv Albert...

Some more details:

-- NFL Primetime will be shown at midnight, after NBC loses exclusive rights to the highlights
-- NBC's "Football Night in America" (rip off Canada much?) will have a Primetime/FOX OT-like studio show with Bob Costas and Cris Collinsworth from 7-8, with the game starting at 8:15
-- ESPN's MNF will have a pregame show with Berman, Patrick, Maguire and whoever else joins them, then the game will be announced by Michaels and Theismann

stillupfront

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 27, 2005, 02:34:33 PM
There's speculation that the play-by-play guy for NBC could be Marv Albert...

Mental picture none of you can erase.

Camera cuts to booth and Marv is wearing just a garter belt, John is wearing an S and M leaher costume, complete with ball gag.

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

fansince61

So ESPN takes the same losing hit ABC did with MNF ???

Feva

Quote-- NBC's "Football Night in America"

My God... PLEASE tell me that's not what they're going to call their show.   :puke
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MadMarchHare

Quote from: fansince61 on December 27, 2005, 04:49:43 PM

There's no way to do flex scheduling on Monday night, except to schedule more than one game.  There's a lot of behind the scenes shtein to show a game, security, parking, people have to take off work to tailgate.  You couldn't just switch it with 1-2 days notice and not have an uproar about it.  Changing the time the game starts on the same day, however, is already being done.
Anyone but Reid.

QB Eagles

Quote from: EagleFeva on December 28, 2005, 06:36:01 AM
Quote-- NBC's "Football Night in America"

My God... PLEASE tell me that's not what they're going to call their show.   :puke

Why not? After all, Cris Collinsworth is the American version of Don Cherry.... if you're high on crack.

fansince61

Quote from: MadMarchHare on December 28, 2005, 08:32:07 AM
Quote from: fansince61 on December 27, 2005, 04:49:43 PM

There's no way to do flex scheduling on Monday night, except to schedule more than one game.  There's a lot of behind the scenes shtein to show a game, security, parking, people have to take off work to tailgate.  You couldn't just switch it with 1-2 days notice and not have an uproar about it.  Changing the time the game starts on the same day, however, is already being done.

What I thought they were going to do was decide each Monday or Tuesday who was going to play the following Monday night

MadMarchHare

I still don't think that's enough time to arrange everything.
My understanding was that the flexibility was limited to Sunday.
Anyone but Reid.