DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 02, 2014, 01:30:05 PM
i suspect it has more to do with him believing in his system than it does believing in foles....because even if you had a proven qb why would you take away his biggest weapon...much less take it away from a guy who have never even played a full year in the league

unless you thought you could plug in anyone in any slot and still have a great offense

I agree with that completely.  I was just saying I don't think letting Jackson go speaks to a lack of confidence in Foles.

JackStraw

isnt that exactly what andy thought?

And unless Foles is miles ahead of mcnabb, the 2002-2005 eagles - especially D, were better teams. So chips beliefs aside, haven't we seen this movie before? If they really thought they could go real deep or SB in 2014, why get rid of pimp? because hes annoying? They forget what TO did or just fixate on the implosion? (which team mis-managed, too)

in 2004 andy/ownership finally realized "system" cant overcome lack of talent. Much to my surprise 2013 was miles ahead of expectations. This just seems to dash that momentum. I just don't see how team isn't worse today then it was in January.
Endless regression to the mean

LBIggle

there's something to be said about the fact that chip is going to get the players he wants no matter how good the guy on the current roster is even if it means blowing things out of proportion to get rid of them.  if foles has his sophomore slump or some of his bad passes are actually picked off this year i don't think he gets paid.

the eagles could have contended this year if they had a strong draft for the defense where it was originally needed.  now they have a real possibility of not winning the division. 

JackStraw

remember cooper would have been gone in  heartbeat if maclin hadn't gone down. New he gets caked. Crazy except cooper kept up the company line. I still think pimp and foles are also not chip guys and they were both thought good as gone. foles now gets a season to do it cause vick wasnt any transition plan at all - even chip saw that later (plus not a big QB draft this year). foles "success" was not planned for, and though perhaps counterintuitive, id still maintain some annoyance to chips 3 season plan to rip and replant.

If foles cant fit "chips system" which he still doesn't seem to in some key areas (and now after losing his most potent weapon), then he's next on list next offseason. As a QB how else would you take your coach trashing your best target and leaving you with a lot less than you had before? As a QB i don't think that's make me feel as valued either. And like a macnabb a good soldier not saying a peep so he doesn't get kicked to curb. Later when foles takes one in the gut after a season of no one to throw to, he'll be surprised the same way mcnabb was when packed off to skins after being company man for all those years...

i dunno maybe maclin/sprouls/cooper/ertz will be all pros....

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

LBIggle

at this point nobody should be surprised with this FO and their track record.  in fact i see this as a big deterrence to future FA's.

and cooper was only worth resigning (if you could say that) with desean pulling the coverage and stretching the field.  if buckhalte... i mean maclin regains his form he might sniff top 15-20 but not all pro.

JackStraw

farging unbelievable.

that a dog is willing to lie on a taterskin blanket

MDS

so basically the world is over because a dysfunctional team coached by someone's brother and a run by a walking, talking, douching Napoleonic complex signed a good player?

well i guess thats it. super bowl to washington, aids to philly.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Quote from: Zanshin on April 02, 2014, 09:21:52 AM
They'd probably have to draft a CB to defend me, so, sure.

:-D

That pic of Jackson in taterskins gear:  :'(
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

I feel that the primary reason the Eagles couldn't get shtein for Jackson was that no other GM in the league really respects Howie.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

LBIggle

Quote from: hbionic on April 02, 2014, 03:10:13 PM
I feel that the primary reason the Eagles couldn't get shtein for Jackson was that no other GM in the league really respects Howie.

what's to respect.  their morons.

Rome

This shtein is pure gold.   

Scratch that...  Pure platinum.

JackStraw

Somewhere deep in the bowels of the Linc, off in a conference room sit Howie, Chip and Jeffy....

Howie: "well, that worked out just super, didn't it?

Chipper: "shut up Howie"

Howie: "me shut-up?!? it was all your idea mr. smart guy just because he wasn't all joe college and bonfire rallies and shtein"

Chip: "listen you little shteinhead, i didn't tell you to use the gang-banger card, that was your little strategy beaut, wasn't it, huh?"

Jeffy: "boys, boys, it'll all blow over...nobody's sending in their season tix and we just got 7 million to add to my cap crown! hee hee!"

Chipper "Jeff - about that cap mone...."

Jeffy: (cutting him off) "...later Chipper. I wanna talk about something really important - my gal and Cristina got together and I really have to agree that adding more vera-wang designer windmills to the Linc will really put us over the top". And to get fan buy-in we'll paint em kelly green!! Wait - here's the best part - get it, - green windmills!?! Ohhh that white house invite is as good as in my pocket right now!!"

Howie & chip: (in unison) "Brilliant boss!"

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

QuoteDeSean Jackson on # he will wear in WASH: "Maybe RGIII will wear No. 3 and I'll try to get in 10. We'll see how it goes though. Never know."

See....already starting problems with his teammates. Dump him!

Also here's more info on that pic w/ the soldiers and dog