DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Also, just to chime it, this unfolded poorly...no question about it. The most egregious thing was not managing the timing or the information well enough to get at least something for an undeniably talented player in his prime. Even if the Eagles don't think he has value, and even if things work out for the offense-- Jackson at the very least had the perception of value, which should have been enough to get something.

ice grillin you

his value was so low that he go the highest contract of any free agent wr this offseason

in fact how many players got more guaranteed money this FA season?

three?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 02, 2014, 09:36:17 AM
his value was so low that he go the highest contract of any free agent wr this offseason

in fact how many players got more guaranteed money this FA season?

three?

The best f/a receiver on the market was Decker and he's maybe top 30 where as Desean is top 10. Weak ass WR free agents this offseason. Plus the draft is stacked with WR so why pay a big money deal to a WR?

The Skins gave Albert Haynesworth $30 million guaranteed and $100 million overall. Do you think Desean went to Wash for any other reason than he knew Danny was going to cake him off? If he really gives a shtein about winning he goes to the Niners. Not hating on the guy because I love his talent but lets be real.

ice grillin you

doesnt matter why he went...fact is he had great value and the eagles got ZERO for him

if the eagles didnt let it out that a. they wanted him gone and b. how bad of a person he was they could have quietly gotten something for him after the season ended and before free agency started...would it have matched his value?..never...but it would have been something.....they couldtn have possibly handeled this any worse from start to finish

also the skins didnt overpay him at all....this isnt close to a hayneworth situation...they gave moderate money to a top player in his prime

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed. The fact that Howie couldn't get shtein for him speaks volumes about the way this was handled.

If they wanted to move on from him then you know they knew at the end of the season, after the exit meetings (that DJ skipped) at the very least. So then they should have made the effort to move him then. Yes trades could not be made until the beginning of the league year but they could have had something lined up. But nope...not our illustrious fantasy football GM. He waits until the market has calmed down and money is spent by other teams and he gets ZERO for a 27yr old receiver who stretches the field like no other and is coming off a 80/1300/10 season.

AND to make it worse they timed the release only minutes after that horseshtein gang story comes out thus creating the perception that they cut him because of that.

How would we know otherwise if it isn't true? They have not spoke about it. And the rest of the league is laughing at the Eagles right now and players/agents see how this was handled and it doesn't set well with them.

An all around clusterfarg created unnecessarily by two guys trying to prove a goddamn point and be the smartest jerks in the room.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 02, 2014, 10:07:54 AM
doesnt matter why he went...fact is he had great value and the eagles got ZERO for him

if the eagles didnt let it out that a. they wanted him gone and b. how bad of a person he was they could have quietly gotten something for him after the season ended and before free agency started...would it have matched his value?..never...but it would have been something.....they couldtn have possibly handeled this any worse from start to finish

also the skins didnt overpay him at all....this isnt close to a hayneworth situation...they gave moderate money to a top player in his prime
Percy Always hurt Harvin was traded for a 1st and a 7th.  The eagles couldn't manage a 7th rounder.  They decided to try and recreate the Cris Carter scenario where "We're letting him go because he needs to better himself".  Idiots
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Dillen

At this point I don't even know who the 3rd WR is since Avant is gone too. Maehl? farg

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 02, 2014, 10:55:17 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 02, 2014, 10:07:54 AM

Percy Always hurt Harvin was traded for a 1st and a 7th.  The eagles couldn't manage a 7th rounder.  They decided to try and recreate the Cris Carter scenario where "We're letting him go because he needs to better himself".  Idiots

and once you let the ship sail and have no recourse to obtain anything for him how do you just cut him?

even if it means saving face and having a sit down to work things out...god forbid maybe apologize...you have to bring him back instead of an outright release...they went from 3 wins to 10 wins and the playoffs with his horrible presence on the team...how bad of a person could he have been?....the holier than thou aspect of this that is coming from the eagles is crazy and not a good look at all

Quote from: Dillen on April 02, 2014, 11:07:08 AM
At this point I don't even know who the 3rd WR is since Avant is gone too. Maehl? farg

probably damaris soon to be replaced by a draft pick

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

dillen mentioning the eagles depth chart got me thinking about wash now

which group would you take?

foles
mack
kkk
ertz

rg3
pimp
garcon
reed

SD

JackStraw

i think that all really means is that Kelly/Howie/Lurie plan on two drafts to put the team "together". they aren't worried about 2014 and by proxy of silence neither should fans. plus with ass's-in-seats guaranteed for this team, the money flows regardless. team still can claim "new guy" mulligan this year, but not 2015

letting pimp go says something about doubt on foles, too. I don't think kelly believes he has his QB yet. foles "success" last year may have even been annoying to his plans of getting "his" vision of QB.

foles - with no pimp and a year of film on him, real deal or sophomore slump? chip aint 100% sold and neither should fans just yet
mack - real knee or rubber band ligaments and another year to really find out
kkk - lessee how he does with double team, double time
ertz - who?
sprouls - gas in tank or another end-game meh?

Endless regression to the mean

rjs246

That depends entirely on which variation of RG3 we're talking about.

Just to throw some gasoline on this fire, I would like to point out that this almost certainly means another year of ignoring the defense in the draft and grabbing offensive toys for Chip to play with. Do not like.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eagles_Legendz

I'm not sure how letting Jackson go has any impact on feelings about Foles.  You could make the exact opposite argument -- that letting go of Jackson puts trust that Foles will run the offense will in this system even without Jackson.

ice grillin you

i suspect it has more to do with him believing in his system than it does believing in foles....because even if you had a proven qb why would you take away his biggest weapon...much less take it away from a guy who have never even played a full year in the league

unless you thought you could plug in anyone in any slot and still have a great offense