DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteJohn Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 16m

Having been around Desean Jackson for a couple years in Philly I don't think he's a gang banger, I would sign him

BigEd76

Seabiscuit36

farg, Rodgers is in a gang now.  Get Rodgers!
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Zanshin

And you guys are going to feel stupid on Tuesday the team says "April Fools!"

Chameleon

I do not understand.... Hopefully he is about to be prosecuted for a murder. If not perhaps he could get murdered. Now that he has been cut we are going to have to deal with super DeSean. This was a no win situation, keep him and he would have been a sour child, cut him and he turns into the spiteful ex on a rampage. Who can afford him? He would be the perfect Cowboy.

Hey IGGY, what is the over under for wins now?

Diomedes

My take is similar to Zanshin's.  It's clear as day to me why the team moved on and it's their right to do so.  Now we'll see what happens.

My guess:  both Chip's offense and Jackson do just fine next year.

Regarding gangs...you hang with dogs, you get fleas. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Quote from: Zanshin on March 28, 2014, 03:56:33 PM
Quote from: hbionic on March 28, 2014, 03:52:37 PM
I don't care anymore about this circus of a team.

Keep the racists, let the black dude with an un-white background and associations go.

farg this team.

I know you don't like it, but you realize that's a significant oversimplification, right? Do you think that they cut him because he's black? In the NFL? Seriously? And an "un-white" background doesn't have to mean your name popping up in homicide investigations, does it? Isn't that thinking racist in itself?

Yes. I'm just upset my favorite/2nd favorite player on the team is gone. That is all.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

It's interesting to me that the Eagles cut him outright.   There's no equivocation in the move.   If you think about it, this is pretty radical messaging.   

Here's how I read it:

"We don't want this guy on our team.  Good luck dealing with him everyone."

There aren't many PR teams who would suggest such a message.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I'm working a car show this weekend and when this happened today it actually went through the crowd like a wave.   I knew because my phone blew up like a motherfarger but it's amazing the number of people who stopped me today and asked me if I had heard the news (was wearing my Eagles visor). 

This makes no sense unless an indictment is coming and soon, though.  You don't just cut a guy loose like this.  You just don't.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2014, 05:36:09 PM
My take is similar to Zanshin's.  It's clear as day to me why the team moved on and it's their right to do so.  Now we'll see what happens.

My guess:  both Chip's offense and Jackson do just fine next year.

Regarding gangs...you hang with dogs, you get fleas.

word

I agree with this. He's a dumbass who's going to be broke shortly after his playing career. His crew will abandon him. Writings been on the wall in that regard for some time. His money, not my problem.

If he had a better attitude they'd probably send him to counseling or something for the gang shtein. I'll miss watching him, he was simply a pleasure to see on Sundays. But I don't blame the front office.

If he winds up in the NFC East, the Eagles lives will be miserable. If he winds up in Dallas the balance of power might shift.

At least it's a deep receiver draft.

Rome

lol - if he ends up in dallas romo will get him killed.

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 28, 2014, 04:50:26 PM
farg, Rodgers is in a gang now.  Get Rodgers!

Yep, Van Burean Boys.  Mean muthafackas.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on March 28, 2014, 07:22:50 PMThis makes no sense unless an indictment is coming and soon, though.  You don't just cut a guy loose like this.  You just don't.

Two thoughts:

1.)  I have a hard time understanding how you could actually think this way.  If the FO really thinks this guy, on top of all his other quirks, is gang affiliated...why the farg would you continue to employ him?  For a few touchdowns?  That makes no sense from their perspective.  They have much bigger concerns than he's a great player.  Gangs aren't just rap video posing; they're dead kids.  Do you want to be sending your PR guy out to explain that yeah, you knew he was chilling with gangsters, putting them on his payroll, flashing gang signs while in your uniform on teevee, etc....and you figured it was okay because he scored touchdowns?

Think about it.  It doesn't add up.  If you're the FO and you think all these things are true....you cut ties.  It's the only thing to do to "protect the brand," as they would say in the marketing conference room.

Add to this the arrest we didn't know about until now, the abject idiocy the guy has shown in numerous ways, the diva attitude, etc.

I think it's so obvious that the FO would do this that it's hard for me to understand how anyone could question their decision.  Of course they got rid of him.

2.)  That's what they said about Cris Carter.  So he likes to drink, so what.  You just don't cut a guy like that.  Etc.  20 years later, Carter credits Buddy with saving his life.  If the problems the Eagles have with Jackson are what we're reading, and if they are accurate...maybe this wakes him up  ?  Maybe ignoring this stuff would be bad for everyone involved, especially Jackson.

Rome

He's denied all of the associative links that have been reported in the media.   What I'm saying is the Eagles as an organization have to have some sort of unequivocal proof that he's tied in with them, because if they don't, then his release makes absolutely no sense.

Every wide receiver in the NFL is a pain in the ass to some degree.  Maybe not to the extent we've seen with this guy, but certainly to varying degrees.   To me he's worth it unless they've got another Hernandez on their hands (which I've suggested previously).

Bottom line: If he is a disaster waiting to happen, then well done, Eagles.  If not, then farg you, Eagles, for being candy-ass Hoydas.