DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2014, 02:16:29 PMif someone else signs him then farg lurie

Schefter says at least 6 teams are interested already

MDS

the nj.com story was BS....pimp knows some folks who might or might not have done shtein at some point. big farging deal. but theres instagram photos of black dudes flashing gang signs and OH MI GOD.

if theres isnt more to this....like a lot more....then the organization is going to get annihilated. they said they wouldnt trade him because they didnt want to deal him to teams without them knowing the full story. i fully expect the hammer to drop within the next few days. the nj.com nonsense was only the start.

i care more about outright cutting a great player than i do the actual player getting cut. pimp is a moron and clearly wasnt the kind of personality chip wanted. fine. scheme wise he wasnt a perfect fit. fine. but he was still a talented player that couldve significantly contributed and/or fetched a return on the open market.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on March 28, 2014, 02:38:12 PM
Chip strikes me as the type of guy who would sell his first born to win games.

chip stayed dirty during his oregon recruiting years

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2014, 02:43:16 PM

Right I'm saying he doesn't strike me as a culture warrior.  Ashley Fox and others have been saying it shows the power Chip has amassed but I've taken the exact opposite from this.

hunt

the front office gets the gas face, yo.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

LBIggle

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 28, 2014, 02:40:50 PM
the nj.com story was BS....pimp knows some folks who might or might not have done shtein at some point. big farging deal. but theres instagram photos of black dudes flashing gang signs and OH MI GOD.

if theres isnt more to this....like a lot more....then the organization is going to get annihilated. they said they wouldnt trade him because they didnt want to deal him to teams without them knowing the full story. i fully expect the hammer to drop within the next few days. the nj.com nonsense was only the start.

i care more about outright cutting a great player than i do the actual player getting cut. pimp is a moron and clearly wasnt the kind of personality chip wanted. fine. scheme wise he wasnt a perfect fit. fine. but he was still a talented player that couldve significantly contributed and/or fetched a return on the open market.

i dont know if anything legit is still to come out but the FO leaks are gonna be flowin to the stepford beat writers....how many times are we gonna hear from kempski bowen mcclane et al. over the coming days weeks that start with "high level source with the organization..."...."front office source...."..."someone close to the situation..." and finish with something shady about pimp....whether its he missed 27 meeting in one month last year or hes linked to the murder of biggie smalls

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on March 28, 2014, 02:45:51 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2014, 02:43:16 PM

Right I'm saying he doesn't strike me as a culture warrior.  Ashley Fox and others have been saying it shows the power Chip has amassed but I've taken the exact opposite from this.

i agree....this is lurie and his private investigators....im sure chip could have fought it and possibly kept pimp or at least put up a good fight and didnt but this screams lurie to me

Seabiscuit36

Sal Pal said the same.  Lurie became concerned when he heard the NJ.com article.  DUMB
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

his beloved patriots got burned and that probably hit him hard

hes not gonna let it happen to his team

and lol even more at the philly media....now pimp got cut directly due to an article on nj.com

JackStraw

phone call to goodell 5 minutes ago: "um is it ok if we, like, sign jackson?

Goodell: um yeah i guess so...what did he do again?"

team: "k thanks gbye"
Endless regression to the mean

MDS

it was the final straw....a questionably sourced context limiting story about someone knowing other people.

again its not the end of the world for lurie or whoever to not want to be associated with pimp. hes a farging idiot regardless of physical ability. but to just outright cut him is asinine.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

So far sounds like the Jets, Panthers, Chiefs, and another team(prob Pats) have spoken with his agent. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

how do the panthers not move the earth to get him

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2014, 03:03:54 PM
how do the panthers not move the earth to get him

they have no money whatsoever, so they'd have to do tons of maneuvering

Munson

Quote@jkelce: We just made extremely unpopular decision but I couldn't be more excited & happy w/where this organization is going!!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds