DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

You can always count on me to class up the joint, Feva.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 06, 2011, 10:22:58 PM
Quote from: Rome on September 06, 2011, 10:00:10 PM
I honestly don't care if Desean plays or not.  They won't need him Sunday anyway.  I was referring to T.O. coming back to Philly.

If anyone ever deserved to die in a fiery crash on the Schuylkill, it's that POS.

I'm glad you're more of an optimist than I about Sunday. I think the Eagles more likely win but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they lose by 10 points.

granted much of it is that i want them so badly to win that im looking at it as a win win bet but i think im gonna take the rams in my survivor pool

but also i honestly do think st louis will win the game....eagles are gonna be really bad early in the season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I think Vick is gonna go bananas on Sunday and I think the defense is gonna shut the Rams down. 

Granted Andy is a spazz in opening games but I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised.

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

thats if Vick even has time to go bananas. youre completely underestimating the d-line of the rams. they had 43 sacks last year and they are going against a piss poor o-line that hasnt even had a close amount of time to get in sync yet.

take it to the other side of the ball for the rams with Bradford loving the shotgun and spreading the LB's out, he could have a field day with hard knocks wonder boy amendola and te kendricks.

its going to be sloppy and close with the edge going to the rams at home here--just on the pure fact the o-line is such a mess right now.

Drunkmasterflex

Not really big news but April said he is the primary PR, unless he is gassed. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

In which case they'll go for an all-out block and not even put someone back there, I hope.

Drunkmasterflex

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

No. Too valuable to the offense.

IMO DeSean adds almost as much value to the team as a returner as he does as a WR. Maclin is more valuable as a WR. I don't want to see him back there returning anything, ever.

Drunkmasterflex

I agree, but that is what the coaching staff has said. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 08, 2011, 12:14:40 PM
IMO DeSean adds almost as much value to the team as a returner as he does as a WR.

ummmm absolutely farging not....especially with no one going to kick to him this year....he might have one return per game...at the wr position he is affecting the game on just about every play

that said he should never not be the full time PR

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2011, 12:55:08 PM
IMO DeSean adds almost as much value to the team as a returner as he does as a WR.

ummmm absolutely farging not....especially with no one going to kick to him this year....he might have one return per game...at the wr position he is affecting the game on just about every play

The fact that teams will kick away from him still has a positive impact for the Eagles.  Any time a punter tries to kick for the sidelines there's an increased chanced that he'll shank it off the side of his foot and it'll be a 25 yard punt when it goes oob, thus giving the Eagles improved field position.  It would basically be the same as a 45 yd punt and 20 yd return.  It won't happen every time obviously, but the potential is there more so than normal just by having him back there. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 08, 2011, 01:11:00 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2011, 12:55:08 PM

The fact that teams will kick away from him still has a positive impact for the Eagles.  Any time a punter tries to kick for the sidelines there's an increased chanced that he'll shank it off the side of his foot and it'll be a 25 yard punt when it goes oob, thus giving the Eagles improved field position.  It would basically be the same as a 45 yd punt and 20 yd return.  It won't happen every time obviously, but the potential is there more so than normal just by having him back there.

so the 1% chance that a kicker shanks a punt (something that might happen once the entire season if at all) makes him more important on special teams?

sound theory

Rome

How is this guy not re-signed to a new deal? 

Also - he had a whopping 20 returns last year in 14 games.  Yeah, he's a weapon out there but that's 20 times he could have gotten murdered too.  If they need a miracle, send him in there.  Otherwise, NO.