What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Flogging Molly on Tuesday nite.   Yay me.

shorebird

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 12, 2010, 10:48:31 PM
hendrix is one of the few artists that i can listen to an entire album from start to finish.  usually i prefer some variety when listening to music but he's a rare exception.  and it's ridiculous just how supremely talented he was on the guitar too considering that he didn't get his first guitar until he was like 15 and only 21 or 22 when he formed the jimi hendrix experience.  farging sucks that he died so young.  even more frustrating is that there's still no definitive cause of death.   

You ain't kiddin'. It's hard to imagine the kind of music he'd be playing today, he was so far ahead of his time back then.

phillymic2000

The animals, its driving my kids nuts ;D

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on February 13, 2010, 08:32:38 AM
my old man was at Monterey Pop

Really? It's said some of the best preformances by some of the most legendary aritist ever happened there.

At my Moose Lodge, on wednsday nights there is free pool and internet jukebox. It brings in a big crowd, lot's of the youngsters. They look to me to find some really old classic rock. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the older couples that sit on the other side of the bar away from the pool tables when I play Jimi's Machine Gun. Ha! This one girl who comes in with her Dad is sixteen and is just now starting to listen to classic rock. She was searching for ringtones when I heard, hey, hey, mama'. Well, anyone who listens to Led Zeppelin knows theres no mistaking Robert Plants voice. I asked her, "So you like Zeppelin?" Well, her jaw just dropped. I said, "Yeah, thats Black Dog." She couldn't believe I recognized the song from just three lyrics. I told her, when you've listened to a song hundreds of times, you know it pretty well. She talks about that every time I see her. It's neat to see these youngsters just now getting into the music I've been listening to for decades. Stuff like Hendrix and Zeppelin will never die.

mussa

pervert. any pedophile knows classic rock is the way into any teenagers pants.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: mussa on February 13, 2010, 11:14:18 AM
and roofies
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: shorebird on February 13, 2010, 10:00:59 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 12, 2010, 10:48:31 PM
hendrix is one of the few artists that i can listen to an entire album from start to finish.  usually i prefer some variety when listening to music but he's a rare exception.  and it's ridiculous just how supremely talented he was on the guitar too considering that he didn't get his first guitar until he was like 15 and only 21 or 22 when he formed the jimi hendrix experience.  farging sucks that he died so young.  even more frustrating is that there's still no definitive cause of death.   

You ain't kiddin'. It's hard to imagine the kind of music he'd be playing today, he was so far ahead of his time back then.

i wouldn't even want him making music today.  in fact, i'm sure i'd still prefer it if he were dead.  i just wish he would have stuck around until his mid/late 30's and pumped out a few more records before kicking the bucket. 

Diomedes

one dope Hendrix story, and you can hear the performance as well..recordings have been released officially

In 1967, three days after Sgt. Pepper's had been released, he open a show at the Saville in London, playing to a crowd which included Paul and George, by playing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band." 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Sarge, this is why you like Hendrix

QuoteHendrix got into trouble with the law twice for riding in stolen cars. He was given a choice between spending two years in prison or joining the Army. Hendrix chose the latter and enlisted on May 31, 1961. After completing boot camp, he was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division and stationed in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. His commanding officers and fellow soldiers considered him to be a sub-par soldier: he slept while on duty, had little regard for regulations, required constant supervision, and showed no skill as a marksman. For these reasons, his commanding officers submitted a request that Hendrix be discharged from the military after he had served only one year. Hendrix did not object when the opportunity to leave arose.[33] He would later tell reporters that he received a medical discharge after breaking his ankle during his 26th parachute jump. The 2005 biography Room Full of Mirrors by Charles Cross claims that Hendrix faked being homosexual — claiming to have fallen in love with a fellow soldier — in order to be discharged

The last sentence is why Chuggie likes him.

LBIggle

Quote from: Rome on February 13, 2010, 08:52:23 AM
Flogging Molly on Tuesday nite.   Yay me.

saw them at the manhattan center a while back.. still a good show.

in other news h2o 15 yr anniversary show at the tracadero this friday. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on February 13, 2010, 03:49:53 PM
one dope Hendrix story, and you can hear the performance as well..recordings have been released officially

In 1967, three days after Sgt. Pepper's had been released, he open a show at the Saville in London, playing to a crowd which included Paul and George, by playing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band." 

on a semi related note, i'm guessing that the sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band move/musical is much more enjoyable if you're under the infuence of some sort of mind altering substance. 

fagring bee gee's 

shorebird

Quote from: mussa on February 13, 2010, 11:14:18 AM

Yeah, I'd like to think it would be that easy.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/1PuCkZ1ALkI 
I'm really getting into this album, also picked up Memory Tapes, pretty cool ish.  Finally got Fever Ray which i had a ton of remixes on other albums but never the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/1W7mj_E5Jzo  Here's the Tiga remix of Triangle walks.  Yay Sweden