Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Might be flying to Houston Friday. J need your number

Rome

If nothing else these clowns have somehow managed to turn my daughter into a full-throated Phillies fan with their shenanigans.  I've tried forever and it never really took until last week. 

She loves the Birds, though.  Always has. 

Anyway, I registered for WS tix the other day.  I doubt I'll win but if I do, we goin'.

phattymatty

Sorry that dancing on my own song lame as hell. Also doesn't make sense in a packed stadium.

SD

Heading to Houston Thursday night. Buddy booked a flight leaving at 11 Saturday night. Not happy. Todd please tell me that's not  a prime time game

MDS

this thing is like a farging dream....like 3 weeks ago their season was over and since then its been all time moment after all time moment after all time moment.

these are incredible fan experiences that im not sure how im ever going to top. someone recognized me from the philly captains youtube videos?!? like what is happening here.

i knew bryce was going to hit a bomb there. you could just feel it. the at bat reminded me of the walk off slam vs chicago. we can see the bullpens from our section and i was like oh haders coming in for bryce if jt gets on. didnt give it a second thought. then this moron melvin leaves in suarez. yea ok boss, your season is over and your best relief pitcher is still warming up.

the rain was kind of annoying more than anything. light and misty, just persistent. ser and robertson couldnt grip the ball. ranger suarez got the final 2 outs. what? im rambling.

im not sure if ill get world series tickets but i think i have a few routes to sneak in lol. lets goooooooooo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Munson

Holy shtein what an experience. It was kind of weird because the way the scoring went we really only had two chances to go completely nuts before the last 3 outs. But both times...can't even describe it. I thought the Hoskins homer was loud, but when Harper hit it, man...it was complete chaos. Me and my buddies didn't think it was out off the bat, thought it was gonna one hop into the fence with how it was looking, but then it just kept carrying and carrying and then we realized it was going and we lost it.

Even after Robertson walked 2, it still felt like this was it and they were gonna get out of it. What a night.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 23, 2022, 09:21:03 PM
this thing is like a farging dream....like 3 weeks ago their season was over and since then its been all time moment after all time moment after all time moment.

My friends son met Middleton and had a ball signed by him. Saw him shagging flies. Your story. He's always with the fans. Name me a better owner.

So looks like we're red eyeing it Sunday night now. 4 am Monday morning back in Philly.

MDS

hes a trust fund baby to the nth degree but hes a legit dude you can talk ball with. and he has no filter. pure philly. its not like we're great friends or im some trusted source and hes just going on rants about how nola pisses him off. its literally like if one of us happened to own the phillies, hes fanatical about them.

have fun down there. im saving the trip for g6/7 if i dont kill myself trying to get in g3-5 here
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: phattymatty on October 23, 2022, 09:03:03 PM
Sorry that dancing on my own song lame as hell. Also doesn't make sense in a packed stadium.

Agreed
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 23, 2022, 10:39:14 PM
hes a trust fund baby to the nth degree but hes a legit dude you can talk ball with. and he has no filter. pure philly. its not like we're great friends or im some trusted source and hes just going on rants about how nola pisses him off. its literally like if one of us happened to own the phillies, hes fanatical about them.

have fun down there. im saving the trip for g6/7 if i dont kill myself trying to get in g3-5 here

My daughter when I told her we're going: "Dad pack the riot punch"

Quote from: Don Ho on October 23, 2022, 11:31:10 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on October 23, 2022, 09:03:03 PM

Agreed

Love it and don't care how gay it is.

Don Ho

Quote from: Don Ho on October 23, 2022, 07:23:12 PM
Did Robertson address why he took out wheeler?

Just noticed this came out all wrong I was asking if Thomson ever explained why he took out wheeler?  Understood he had just given up the single but it seemed like he had enough to get through the seventh.  That top of the seventh with Ser Anthony was frightening.  I just kept thinking "oh my God for decades we will be talking about this inning and how it cost that Phils a trip to the series in 2022".

And two people I hope to never see on the mound again is Dave Robertson and Brad Hand. 

Hats off to the big fella Alvarado - conditions were getting deplorable and he pitched through that shtein and kept this thing alive.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 23, 2022, 09:21:03 PM

Most incredible journey ever in my 50+ years of being a Phillies fan.  You are correct three weeks ago we were planning the funeral for this team and franchise, next thing you know Brewers don't want it, the excitement and Nola's masterpiece in Houston, that top of the ninth in STL, games 3 & 4 @ CBP, and now this.  Priceless stuff!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on October 23, 2022, 08:06:57 PM
Might be flying to Houston Friday. J need your number

PM'd you.

Better that you're leaving Sunday since the Saturday game would be still happening when you'd need to be at the airport.

I can't ducking believe they're going to play the Astros in the World farging Series.

MDS

fyi: wheeler was lifted because his fastball velo kept falling. i think he hit 94 in the 7th. at this juncture hes 80 pitches and/or 5-6 innings. his arm doesnt have the juice for more than that.

the J world series, is itll be known, has a standard day off for travel days so they can really lean into alvarado/dominguez/robertson/eflin. nice of the pathetic yankees to not even force a g5 which wouldve pushed verlander to G2.

id still expect wheeler to pitch G1 even though they could grab the extra day. putting him 1 and 5 opens the door for extended usage in 7. if its 2 and 6, he probably couldnt give them much.