Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Mr Unvaxxed with a clutch hit

MDS

there is no more repulsive double than that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

ser didnt have much...marlins were spitting on his shtein just off the plate and fouling off strikes. very unusual but it happens.

got lucky on the sanchez AB, then found his best breaker of the night to finish off rojas. they are 1 win away from a 4-5 trip which is what they needed to hit.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I expected that shteinhead Rojas to gap one.

Helluva slide piece to get him

Don Ho

I am sick and tired of these excuses for relievers, "Oh he was rattled by Billy Hamilton on the base path".  Pease stop.  Get over little Billy Hamiton and just pitch!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah that was cringey.

Make a pitch son. No excuses

MDS

amaro rotates from being a very good analyst and a very bad one comment to comment...hell notice something that kruk or ben would never then in the next breath forget the DH rule or infer that ser was rattled based on nothing

SD

Quote from: MDS on July 15, 2022, 11:10:31 PM
amaro rotates from being a very good analyst and a very bad one comment to comment...hell notice something that kruk or ben would never then in the next breath forget the DH rule or infer that ser was rattled based on nothing

He wasn't a popular gm or sports personality I'm still surprised to hear him on tv.

PhillyPhreak54

Geo did you go to this one as well?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 16, 2022, 06:38:22 PM
Geo did you go to this one as well?

Nope.  Why do you think they're hitting?

With the local blackout, listening to Murph and Stocker on the radio feed. Didn't feel like messing around with an underground stream.

MDS

a 5-4 trip would be kind of amazing considering how putrid they played for most of it...naturally tomorrow they wont hit and nola will have his usual meltdown

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on July 15, 2022, 08:17:36 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 15, 2022, 07:27:03 PM
Report from Miami:

This team sucks.  That is all.

Where are you sitting?  I know you're a great dad, educator, good role model but I'll fly you both out to Hawaii you make your way above the Phils dugout with junior and just start laying explatives on these clowns. 

So pathetic when this lineup sees a beast like Sandy A and watching them wilt.

Don't know this Garcia cat from Adam but he just made a play we'll never see most of Phils OF make, ever.

We actually had great seats.  2nd row in the section right behind the first base bag - next to the Phils' dugout.  When Castellanos got thrown out at third, I think most of the stadium could hear my son bellow, "Castellanos, you suck!"  He's Philly through and through.

There was a younger couple in front of us in Marlins gear.  The young blonde woman kept giving us dirty looks

The crowd was only about 10K, and it felt like at least half Phillies fans.  Miami is a pathetic sports town.  Too many night clubs, beaches and strip clubs, I guess.  Miami is the New Jersey of Florida.

PhillyPhreak54

Soulless stadium too.

Good to see Jojo Romero back.

Ah yes the stellar mlb blackout rules - such a joke.

Don Ho

Amazing the Marlins franchise survives.  When I was there in August 2019 they were piping in crowd noise, it was sad.  75% of the 15K (well announced) on the Saturday night I went were Phils fans.  That huge astroturf landing pad where they had that whatever the hell that was, the tower sculpture thing, is so gawdy looking.  Soulless stadium is right.  To bad.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

The sculpture was taken out of the stadium a few years ago - I think that was the one major decision made by Derek Jeter during his association with the team.

But this is what replaced it: