Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Double

Passed ball

Dropped fly ball in the god damn outfield

Tie game

About to be a loss. Because Joe has a farging ham and egger in here trying to close a game

Don Ho

HA!

Pieces of shtein.  This is really happening. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah.

It happened. They wasted no time goat farging that one.

Losers

MDS

this is the ripple effect of needing to use knebel yesterday in a 4 run game when you were up big

this is also the ripple effect of having 2 reliable relievers both of whom have serious injury history...you wind up needing james norwood and nick nelson to get big outs and uhhh yea

the phillies indeed do suck

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I don't even get mad anymore, I just smirk and shake my head. 

That was the next 3-4 years in a nutshell.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 24, 2022, 11:22:02 PM
this is the ripple effect of needing to use knebel yesterday in a 4 run game when you were up big

this is also the ripple effect of having 2 reliable relievers both of whom have serious injury history...you wind up needing james norwood and nick nelson to get big outs and uhhh yea

the phillies indeed do suck

Lose out rest of may and get rid of Joe. 

MDS

theres a million thing you can get mad about but its really a complete team loss....starter only goes 5, bullpen serves up runs, lack of bullpen depth on display via horribly managed farm system that cant produce talent, manager pushes wrong buttons, defensive miscues, offense cant cash in with ROB

it all culminates in yet another terrible loss. its not one thing with the phillies, its everything.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on May 24, 2022, 11:22:42 PM
I don't even get mad anymore, I just smirk and shake my head. 

That was the next 3-4 years in a nutshell.

Mad?

I don't even watch
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

I'm glad none of you are watching.

PhillyPhreak54

Really?

Really?!

That throw by JT, miss by Stott and Segura and then Odubel is some little league shtein

Don Ho

Miracle this POS Alvarado got out of that mess.

MDS

your team sucks j

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah they've disappointed me. Again.

1988 is when I really started getting into them. So that's my first year of being a fan and living and dying with them.

33 years of kicks in the sack.

One year of joy

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 25, 2022, 10:46:07 PM
One year of joy

07-11 were all fun seasons. In the summers I would go on runs through the parks in Pittsburgh listening to Franzke through my phone. Even a normal regular season loss in those years had life and drama to it. Then the guys got old, and the team has been limp and boring every year since. But it's the Phillies, that's their default state.

Don Ho

No doubt, 07-11 were great and they should have had at least two titles.  Unfortunately even with that great pitching staff at the end, the bats got old really fast and Roy Oswalt was trash. Cliff Lee ......Game 2 NLDS 2011 at home, Bums up 1 game to none , 4 run cushion and you know.