Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

That ersatz Phanatic was an atrocity.

So the mascot will be back in 2022, but will the league?

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 15, 2021, 09:40:14 PM
That ersatz Phanatic was an atrocity.

So the mascot will be back in 2022, but will the league?

short answer, yes. theyll play 162 next year
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Howie Kendrick brought back as special assistant to whoever the figurehead general manager is.

Rome

Turns out Schmidt is announcing the NL MVP tomorrow night.

I hope Harper got a new suit for the occasion because he's a LOCK.

MDS

wheeler was not "robbed" since it was pretty close all around but

-a milwaukee writer put him 4th (this was not by accident)
-an LA writer bumped buehler to 3rd and wheeler down to 4th
-some dope from colorado had him 4th over kevin freaking guasman
-braves writer dave o'brien was butthurt and put him 4th
-a reds (?) writer had him 5th! 5th! behind woodruff.

ultaimtely it wouldve been really funny for the phillies to have the cy young and mvp and still only win 82 games
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The fifth place vote should say all you need to know about what a farce the voting process is.

The AL vote was 29-1 because of course it was.

Geowhizzer

MDS

going through the votes like a nerd...

harper got a 5th place vote and lamonte wade jr (!) got a 10th. the 5th came from one of the best writers in the game, susan slusser. the 10th for wade was from another great one - andrew baggerly. who had harper 3rd. some braves writer had him 4th which jives.

jimmy salisbury stuffing soto and tatis down ballot...he is a legend for a reason lol

PhillyPhreak54

Good to see him win it. Now Johnny Cigars needs to unleash some cash and build a team.

What was Slusser's ballot?

MDS

like theres a website and you can go to it

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 18, 2021, 08:59:33 PM
Now Johnny Cigars needs to unleash some cash and build a team.

they already built the team and failed. the two major free agent signings they made just finished 2nd in cy young and 1st in mvp. they were surrounded by replacement level fill ins because just about every aspect of their player development program is a disaster. you dont build teams by signing 1000 free agents.

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol they protected luis garcia and jhaylin ortiz...two terrible prospects nobody else could possibly want

this waiver claim of j's boy kent emmanuel is interesting. hes had non stop injury problems but when hes on the mound is pretty nasty. the fun thing is he is never on the mound and blew out his ucl last year. worth a shot i guess.

PhillyPhreak54

Never heard of the guy.

ice grillin you

he's gotta have some h-town connect

lil guys obsession with you and Houston cracks me up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous