Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Great. Another blow up and rebuild.

See youse in ten years.

SD

They're not going to start moving players 4 games back at the midway point of the season. Zero reason too. Maybe off-season they unload crap, but a better draft pick and the crap prospects they'd get in return does nothing for them. They'll continue to hover around .500 all season in a god awful division - get Didi and Jean back - with the hopeful illusion they'll make a run. Their farm system is depressing.

Don Ho

I was trying to recall the last debacle like we saw last night.  I've seen them bitch slapped before, happens to the best teams but can't recall anything like last night - 10 runs in a 4 out span that late in a game.

And Joe G. continuing to underwhelm. 

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: TAFKASD on June 29, 2021, 04:38:53 AM
They're not going to start moving players 4 games back at the midway point of the season. Zero reason too. Maybe off-season they unload crap, but a better draft pick and the crap prospects they'd get in return does nothing for them. They'll continue to hover around .500 all season in a god awful division - get Didi and Jean back - with the hopeful illusion they'll make a run. Their farm system is depressing.

its five games but it might as well be 500 cause thats about how many teams they would have to pass to make the wild card and im not sure they are better than any of them...they have no prospects and one good player under 30 and hes about to turn 29...you can argue they will farg up the trades but they have to clean house...if the reason to not clean house is because you dont think they can identify and then acquire the proper assets then just fold up and move the team cause whats the point

as lil guy said they should have blown it up last year but the trade deadline is the time to do it now so you arent competing with free agency this winter and of course you have the post season desperation factor that all deadlines carry...at minimum wheeler who has all time high value right now HAS to be dealt
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

You're thinking like a fan. From an owners/gm perspective as long as there's some illusion of competing they'll go with what they have to draw a better attendance then offload during the off-season. They're only 4.5 back in a god awful division with half the season left. Unless they can get something meaningful for Mcutch/Neris (lol) what point is there in trading them at the deadline. They're thankfully gone end of the season.

SD

And zero chance they'd blow it up last year with a new coach, pandemic and shortened season

Rome

I went to sleep with them in the lead.  I woke up around 2:00 and checked the score.  Just started laughing.  My wife rolled over and said, you're laughing in your sleep again, honey, and fell back to sleep.  I told her this morning I was awake last night and just checked the Phillies debacle.  She shook her head and asked me why I do that to myself.  I could have responded in kind, but there you go.  When your wife calls you out for being a Phillies fan, you know you have a problem.  It's a sickness, really. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: TAFKASD on June 29, 2021, 06:57:01 AM
You're thinking like a fan. From an owners/gm perspective as long as there's some illusion of competing they'll go with what they have to draw a better attendance then offload during the off-season. They're only 4.5 back in a god awful division with half the season left. Unless they can get something meaningful for Mcutch/Neris (lol) what point is there in trading them at the deadline. They're thankfully gone end of the season.

oh i thought you were saying they shouldnt blow it up...you are just predicting they wont blow it up

also not that it matters but they are 5 out of the division not 4 or 4.5.....they also are in 4th place so i dont think saying its a horrible division is a point you want to make...it actually shows how truly bad they are

also they need to trade eveyone but this isnt about cutch or neris it about wheeler and realmuto

MDS

wheeler and nola can bring in some real value. think of nola what you will but he is a solid SP at a minimum with no injury history and a very palatable contract and hes not 30 yet. this is very valuable.

wheeler is all about the right now. hes not in cy young talk because of degrom but in a normal year he would be. whoever gets him their chances of winning a title goes up. thatll play.

bryce is an impossible trade in such a short period of time but if they eat a portion of his contract they can get something for him too. likely theyll have to just hold on to him no matter what.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I don't see the point of blowing it all up.  They're horrendous at player selection and development but they're pretty good at getting free agents and spending gobs of Cancer Man's blood money to do it.  Why bother trying?  Just get rid of the dead wood and buy, buy, buy.

Don Ho

Right now all I care about is VV made it through the 6th!!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Despite Hoskin's HR, Rogers was dealing tonight.

ice grillin you

no chance they win right

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 29, 2021, 09:19:01 PM
no chance they win right

Bullpen will do its damnedest to make sure they don't.

MDS

Its a tough call but tmac is worse than the bullpen
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.