Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Alvarado got three games.  He's appealing.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 02, 2021, 01:37:19 AM
The out of the baseline call was so bad.

Normally you'd have to deal with a few umpires who were known to be awful (West, Bucknor, Angel) but now these new dudes are fargin shtein up in obvious ways too.

Equally as bad was the spinner Neris uncorked to Conforto so he could wallop it.

everyone fargs up what makes baseball special is that they are the only sport unwilling to correct their own refs/ump calls
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its rare to say this because as bad as you think pro umps are, college/minor league ones are far worse....but i think the game would be improved by

-ice out the umpires union
-hire all AAA and AA umps
-robo strike zone
-make all plays reviewable, have some veteran umps hired by the league to either do it from ny or travel with the crew and do it from a booth
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2021, 03:10:13 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 02, 2021, 01:37:19 AM
The out of the baseline call was so bad.

Normally you'd have to deal with a few umpires who were known to be awful (West, Bucknor, Angel) but now these new dudes are fargin shtein up in obvious ways too.

Equally as bad was the spinner Neris uncorked to Conforto so he could wallop it.

everyone fargs up what makes baseball special is that they are the only sport unwilling to correct their own refs/ump calls

Yep. And what lil guy says is all valid but until you get the "don't wanna overrule their fellow umps" culture out then replay won't ever work.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 02, 2021, 03:08:47 PM
Alvarado got three games.  He's appealing.

Garbage. Worry more about some shtein talking than they do about their god awful extra innings rule

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 02, 2021, 06:01:39 PM
its rare to say this because as bad as you think pro umps are, college/minor league ones are far worse....but i think the game would be improved by

-robo strike zone
-make all plays reviewable, have some veteran umps hired by the league to either do it from ny or travel with the crew and do it from a booth

If the minor league guys are worse why hire them?

Regardless it has to be fixed. There have been some brutally bad calls this season. And not from the normal guys who we are used to making shtein calls.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on May 02, 2021, 06:01:39 PM

-robo strike zone

I can't imagine MLB jeopardizing their antitrust exemption by engaging in union busting.

MDS

when the contract is up cant they just not renew it? i dont know enough about antitrust laws to know if thats gonna hurt them

the umps are not trying to do make poor calls on purpose but there have been a litany of bad calls, the inability to review them/change them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

They play defense like quadruple amputees

PhillyPhreak54

That Didi bomb was buttery

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

there is no person who is worse at anything than arod is at being on tv

Rome

His ex-wife at acting, singing and being humble springs to mind.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't have words for what just happened.

MDS

i want everyone to remember that matt klentak and his braintrust thought rhys hoskins could play left field