Rest Of Baseball - 2023

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 31, 2023, 07:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

spencer howard is going to get a ring

what a world we live in
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

I was at soccer training and quickly turned on YouTube TV and saw Jankowski at the plate top 9th up 3-0. My last impression of 2023 WS.  Total WTF moment!

farg you Kimbrel, Topper, KTurner, Kerkering and his fat papa, Castellanos, Rojas.  Just go farg yourselves.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

I didn't see a single second of that series.  Judging by what I've read about viewership, my complete indifference was shared by most Americans. 

And I'm not even salty about the Phils not playing in it either.  Just don't give a shtein about pro sports other than when Philly teams are involved anymore.

PhillyPhreak54

I was totally salty. Still am. It'll hang with me for awhile.

PhillyPhreak54

Cubs have paid Counsell 5/40M to be their manager - helluva way for David Ross to find out he gone.

Carlos Mendoza named Mets manager (Boone's Yanks bench coach)

Stephen Vogt is the Guardians new manager

PhillyPhreak54

Ohtani to the Dodgers

No real shock. At least it wasn't the Mets or Yankees I guess

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

$70M/yr is more than the entire payroll of some teams.  It's a joke but whatever.

Go money!

Don Ho

I say he doesn't finish season.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

its only going to be like $50m a year, i think? a lot is deferred, hes going to be getting paid when we're all dead

betts-ohtani-freeman is comical, but in the micro manageable with a good lefty reliever. watch them fail again in the nlds. but shtein they are gonna win 120 games.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Wait a farkin minute

Ohtani is only taking a $2m yearly salary and has deferred $68-70m per year until like 2030-2045?

MDS

i think $46m is counting against the CBT, which is still a lot, but just not quite $70m

Rome

So homie is making $70M a year but only pocketing $2M?

MDS

hes pocketing $2 per year over the course of the contract, then the rest after bobby bonilla style

hes going to make over $50m per year in endorsements and already has plenty so the specificities of his baseball paychecks arent exactly relevant to his life