Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

One of my favorite parts was Dany telling Daario that he's not an interesting enough character to bring to Westeros. IMHO she should have left Grey Worm and Missandei back there to help him, too.

smeags

[spoiler]talk about cutting the cast budget.[/spoiler]

holy crap that was an unbelievable episode.

"they're right here sir"
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

Quote from: SD on June 26, 2016, 10:21:17 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 26, 2016, 10:16:04 PM
That episode was everything.  The music for Cersei.  Jesus

Baelish isn't too happy.

sansa's face when she made eye contact with him was telling.
[spoiler]
wait till it comes out that he's not ned's son.[/spoiler]

Eagaholic

Quote from: smeags on June 27, 2016, 08:30:03 AM
Quote from: SD on June 26, 2016, 10:21:17 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 26, 2016, 10:16:04 PM
That episode was everything.  The music for Cersei.  Jesus

Baelish isn't too happy.

sansa's face when she made eye contact with him was telling.
[spoiler]
wait till it comes out that he's not ned's son.[/spoiler]

The music, with the cut aways to the scenes where Cersei was having her enemies killed, was reminiscent of The Godfather and their use of music when Michael was in the church while his rivals were being knocked off. So many good things in that ep.

Lord Royce basically said the Vale wouldn't fight along with John (ie side with wildlings), presumably at LFs behest, but they never changed their tune when the other lords did. LF must realize that he overplayed his ...position. First big mistake he's made, especially if he openly declared for the Starks and John will find out that LF wanted to set Sansa and Jon against each other. It will be interesting to see if he makes it back to the Vale alive. And Olena v Sand Snakes ftw.

smeags

somehow I think littlefinger finds out about jon. that's a game changer.

so hyped after that episode last night. may have to binge through the series again.

Susquehanna Birder

At least it answered the question of some of Bran's vision.

Beermonkey

This was my favorite scene, as it worked on 2 levels. Not only were their characters not fit to be in the scene with Olenna, them as actresses weren't either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF3pLjxaHaM

Susquehanna Birder

And to think I used to fantasize over Diana Rigg.

smeags

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on June 27, 2016, 02:53:14 PM
And to think I used to fantasize over Diana Rigg.

please tell me not when you watched the great muppet caper.

QB Eagles

Yeah they got meta in that Sand Snakes scene. They know those characters are trash. I was saying before the season that any scene in which Tyene appears with a shirt on is a mistake. They met me halfway by giving her zero lines this season.

Yeti

"Excuse me, your Grace, can I have a minute....DOH"
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

SD

Now we know why they call it Kings Landing

Munson

What a great episode.

The entire first sequence reminded me of the end of the Godfather. It pretty much all went down how I assumed it would, minus Tommen killing himself instead of being in the Sept too. What an evil bitch Cersei is. She did what the Mad King threatened to do and ended up dead for. I am pretty convinced Jaime ends up killing Cersei next season. Would be fitting/awesome if he did so as Dany sacked the city and Cersei orders Qyburn to light the other wildfire caches.

The King in the North! Happy to be able to drunkenly shout that again. Pretty great scenes up North all around. Sansa ain't buying Littlefingers shtein, and he's pissed. Definitely did not go into his plan expecting to be part of restoring a King in the North to the throne. Not sure how he's going to move on his plans now. Doesn't matter much, between Dany's dragons and the White Walkers, he'll find out real quick next season that it doesn't matter.

Benjen definitely winked at Bran when he dropped him down next to the Weirwood tree. He definitely knew Bran would plug into the Weirnet and knew what he'd see. Makes sense that he knows about Jon, considering what he said in S1Ep1 about Jon not knowing what he would be giving up by joining the Night's Watch. No reason why Ned wouldn't tell him either. That also probably explains why he joined the Night's Watch almost immediately after Ned came back from the Rebellion. He and Ned probably agreed the Wall was the safest place for Benjen in case the secret got out, and Benjen would be less likely to tell anyone that mattered up there.
Interesting that the episode itself didn't make it completely obvious that both 1. Rhaegar is the father, and 2. It was a willing, consensual thing. It's not even super obvious to anyone who doesn't internet around for the answers that Rhaegar is the father, unless you watched the "previously on" thing. Wonder if they're waiting until next season to make that more obvious.

Also can't wait to see what happens when that info gets out. The obvious thing is Jon and Dany make a marriage pact to unite the North and the lower kingdoms, and gear up for the final fight for the dawn. But we need Bran and/or Howland Reed. And most people probably won't believe Bran without Howland there to back up the story. Really hoping we finally see him this season.

GRRM needs to finish this farging book.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

GRRM is in hell with this book. He's clearly cranking out less than a page a day. It seems like he grasps at every side project that comes along. It's become a burden to him. I don't expect him to wrap up the Dunk and Egg stories anytime in the next 10 years, let alone ASOIAF.

smeags

this show is securely #1 on my all time list now. there is no longer a (1b)