Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 14, 2015, 10:36:16 PM
Also no clue if Stannis is dead.

Watch the post show, he's dead

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 14, 2015, 10:33:15 PM
Ghost sure got farging lazy.

Maybe Jon warged into him before he died

QB Eagles

The Mannis pretty much has to be dead. He seemed like he was resigned to it after realizing that all the sacrifices had been for naught, and it doesn't seem like Brienne would go back on her oath and spare him.

In a shocking turn of events, Davos is actually Azor Ahai.

QB Eagles

I didn't like how Sansa and Theon escaped. You might as well have them slip out a back door, no one is believing they actually died in that jump. And it kinda seems like they shouldn't have survived since Myranda went splat in a big way from a smaller height. I realize they were jumping into snow but that's still some hip breaking shtein.

SD

I guess we could say how they escaped is still up in the air

Eagaholic

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard for Ramsey to track them.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SD on June 14, 2015, 10:37:33 PM

I don't buy anything they're saying about the end of this episode.  I'll leave it at that.  Think they committed to cliffhangers galore and are throwing out misdirection.

Eagaholic

They teased Benjen and even the preview was bullshtein so I don't know how they can expect anyone to believe anything at this point. Kind of a dumb move on their part.

QB Eagles

So Legendz, can I read the fourth and fifth books without spoiling anything major now? Sounds like they will do some Greyjoy shtein next season and I am fine reading ahead on that.

I was glad they included a brutal Arya killing. For the most part I love the way the show and Maisie Williams have depicted Arya, but one thing I preferred about her in the books was her sadistic butchering of the Tickler. Arya is not a good person. She's the outcome of a farged childhood during which she saw everyone she loved being cut down, and she spent years as a refugee surrounded by extreme brutality in the bloodlands of a civil war, killing and stealing just to stay alive. She comforts herself to sleep at night repeating the names of all the people she wants to kill. There isn't a happy future for her, she's a murderer warped beyond repair.

Eagles_Legendz

Yeah fourth and fifth books are good to go.  There are major divergences with a lot of characters this season but they've covered the main plot points.  I'd skip the epilogue in book 5 though. 

Also don't get why they had to burn Shireen.  It's been speculated that Mel would bring back Jon for a few years now.  I thought in the show Stannis would die and she would go to resurrect him and it would bring back Jon thereby justifying Shireen's death in a sense.  But they could've gotten to this end the same way without her burning. 

SD

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 14, 2015, 11:00:33 PM
Quote from: SD on June 14, 2015, 10:37:33 PM

I don't buy anything they're saying about the end of this episode.  I'll leave it at that.  Think they committed to cliffhangers galore and are throwing out misdirection.

They give an explanation about how he goes out and doesn't beg and doesn't give details to Brienne because he accepts his fate and knows he's beaten. You didn't see the Hound die but we both know he's dead. Stannis is dead...last week was a set up for his downfall this week.

Eagles_Legendz

Hound is for sure alive IMO.  It's hinted at more in the books but I believe he will be reappearing next season.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 14, 2015, 11:11:38 PM
Also don't get why they had to burn Shireen.  It's been speculated that Mel would bring back Jon for a few years now.  I thought in the show Stannis would die and she would go to resurrect him and it would bring back Jon thereby justifying Shireen's death in a sense.  But they could've gotten to this end the same way without her burning. 

I thought the direction they might be going with Stannis is that he was going to continue sacrificing and sacrificing, having him achieve some hollow victory after losing everything, and realizing it wasn't worth it. Obviously it seems like that plot is cut short.

I guess in the show canon, Shireen's death is just a product of Mel not reading the fire prophecies well enough. I think Mel was a true believer, not someone trying to scam Stannis. I also don't think she's cruel, or happy about what happened to Shireen. She really believed that was the way, and a small price to pay for the ultimate victory. We saw her visibly shaken in today's episode upon realizing that everything she had worked toward was ruined. I'll be interested to see if she shows some humility or charges right ahead into the next Azor Ahai. Honestly I don't see any reason for Davos to not straight up kill the bitch at this point.

I'm trying to remember all of Mel's specific prophecies. Generally they are accurate but she can misinterpret them. She saw Bolton banners burning and she saw herself at Winterfell. Clearly none of that requires Stannis being alive.

Eagles_Legendz

Yeah I mean in theory LF is marching on Winterfell as we speak.   Bolton banners may well burn.

QB Eagles

With any off-screen death I assume survival, but I just can't think of any plausible way in which Stannis could be alive. The Hound, Benjen, Syrio.... sure.

I hope I'm wrong because I've been on the Mannis hype train since Season 2.

https://youtu.be/OLNFloNdJH4

P.S. Isn't the Iron Bank kinda farged now?