2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2009, 10:02:32 AM
peter king:

There's no long line waiting to pry Albert Haynesworth from the Titans.

In fact, Washington might be the logical landing spot. Hmmmm. I wonder why taterskins owner Dan Snyder was having dinner with the agent for Haynesworth, Chad Speck, at Morton's here Saturday night. I'm sure they were just talking about how it was colder here than at the Arctic Circle."

Citing a "very well-connected league source," Lance Zierlein of the Houston Chronicle reports that Albert Haynesworth will sign with the taterskins at the start of free agency unless the Titans swoop in late.
Zierlein, the son of Steelers OL coach Larry Zierlein, has a blog at Chron.com and does a radio show. His source says Haynesworth will get a deal totaling roughly $100 million that pays $15-16 million annually. Zierlein doesn't usually report and it's hard to see how the Skins will fit him under the salary cap, but this is the kind of megadeal Haynesworth is seeking. Feb. 24 - 1:44 pm et
Source: Houston Chronicle

PoopyfaceMcGee

Could be true, but any of us could look at the growing cap and salaries, along with the knowledge that his agent is being wined and dined by Danny Snyder, and speculate on a blog.

Sure, he can claim that he has even better "sources," but that's basically a non-story.  Another team offers him $1 more, and he's no longer going to the skins.

reese125

yeah but the Skins are on the verge of a Superbowl title and that will far outweigh his decision to go somewhere else

methdeez

He is 28 years old and has never played a complete season. Alo they are 3 Mil. over the cap right now, what kinda havoc would they have to unleash on there team to make this work?
On the other hand, he is a beast, who would eat up our offensive line twice a year.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The skins already have renegotiations worked out with as many guys as needed to get Haynesworth.  Book that.

reese125

these type of deals have never stopped Snyder from converting other players on the roster bonuses to salaries, salaries to bonuses or whatever the farg he does over there to keep running his franchise in the dirt

BigEd76

The Skins just gave DeAngelo Hall 6/$55M/$23M guaranteed 

Rome

Just when you think the taterskins can't get any dumber they pull a boneheaded move like that.

Awesome.  Just incredible.

:-D

The BIGSTUD

Reports are they signed Haynesworth to 7 years 100 million, 41 million SB

I don't see how it is even physically possible, but again

lol @ taterskins.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's a lot of money to dump into 1.5 good players.

phattymatty

HAYNESWORTH TO THE 'SKINS
Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2009, 5:34 a.m.

Well, Lance Zierlein was right.  (Peter King, too.)

Multiple members of the media are reporting that defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has agreed to terms with the Washington taterskins.

The news comes from both Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean and Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

It's a seven-year, $100-million deal with an incredible $41 million in guaranteed money.

The maximum value of the package is $115 million.

As we've previously said, the fact that the Titans and the Lions weren't major players in the pursuit of Haynesworth tells us all we need to know; both teams have decided that Haynesworth isn't worth the money.

Otherwise, the team with which Haynesworth spent seven seasons or his former defensive coordinator (who now is the head coach in Detroit) would have stepped up to the plate.

But maybe Haynesworth won't go soft now that he no longer has to worry about money.  Maybe, as he recently said, he'll be motivated to prove the naysayers wrong.

And maybe he won't lose his cool and step on a guy's unhelmeted head.

And maybe he won't leave practice and come back with a pipe.  (Not a pipe for smoking crack, but a pipe for cracking skulls.)

And maybe he'll learn how to obey all posted speed limits and not cause accidents that require 25-year-old kids to get hip replacements.

And maybe he'll learn how to fly, without a plane.

And maybe the taterskins finally will learn that this isn't the way to build a championship football team.

ice grillin you

look for them to sign dockery

and possibly canty as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: methdeez on February 24, 2009, 05:58:39 PM
Alo they are 3 Mil. over the cap right now, what kinda havoc would they have to unleash on there team to make this work?

lol...some day people will realize the salary cap is a joke in football and might as well not even exist...then again maybe they wont
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteMr. Snyder,

A lot can be said about our mistakes in the past, and how, as an owner, we've made some pretty miscalculated decisions with player personnel. I'm not one of those fans who want to point out these shortcomings, because I feel for every Brandon Lloyd there's a Santana Moss...and for every Adam Archuletta...there's a Randy Thomas, London Fletcher, or even Marcus Washington.

I champion this move. We are who we thought we were. I'm in sales...and I know what it takes to get ink on paper from your client base. I love that we DOMINATE when it comes to getting who we want. One of these times, we'll get it figured out, and it just "might" happen with this ALbert Haynesworth acquisition. "DT" is one of the most under-the-radar positions that adds so much intrinsic value to other positions. Rocky, London, Jason Taylor........and of course, Dr. Lurk himself, Laron Landry, will all benefit for this man's presence on the field.

Thank you - and way to close em' Danny.

**Side Note**

If anyone wants to chime in on the "attitude" of Albert Haynesworth...and how he stomped the head of some Dallas Cowboy who was not donning a helmet at the time........please email me at jmicrodoc@yahoo.com and I'll tell you how I really feel about that one....offline...outside of this forum.

The entire league....is cooked.

Someone should e-mail this douche

rjs246

Someone should stop spending time on extremeskins.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.