What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Gorillaz- Plastic Beach  If you're a fan you'll like it. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 04, 2010, 08:31:05 AM
Quote from: Munson on March 03, 2010, 10:36:12 PM
Didn't realize we had Postal Service listeners here  :-D

The song from the UPS commercials might be their Iron and Wine cover, but I can't remember. I haven't listened to them in a few years now.

From their Wiki page:

The album's most well-known single was "Such Great Heights", which was featured in advertisements for UPS and Kaiser Permanente. The song was covered by Iron and Wine and featured on the soundtrack for the film Garden State, as well as a commercial for M&M's. It was later covered by Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds, Brack Cantrell, Confide, and The Shins.

Oh wow. For some reason I thought their song was a cover of Iron and Wine. Oops.

SB-I liked the first CD alright, but couldn't get into Demon Days. Feel Good Inc was kind of catchy, and DARE was an entertaining song...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

yeah, i like it alot, the fist album was very good to me, 2nd was ok but it was more widely accepted.  This is really trippy. 

Also heard this today on tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3jPM8H95Sjg
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

yeah i downloaded that a few nights ago and have been listening at work.  pretty good.

Susquehanna Birder

Getting in the mood with a rocksteady mix via Pandora.

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/fZcmg4-Zm-8

I'm diggin the Bag Raiders, they've primarily done remixes of some indie songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/feA64wXhbjo
Got into them from this song, on the Ministry of Sound Mashed 5 mixalbum.  Their album is supposed to be coming out this summer, the lp they have out isnt bad

mussa

Them Crooked Vultures CD just gets better and better

charlie

Quote from: mussa on March 23, 2010, 11:04:41 AM
Them Crooked Vultures CD just gets better and better

Really? I bought it off amazon mp3 the other day for $2.99... and would say it's worth about that. I kinda find it mundane and a chore to get all the way through.

Diomedes

I'm not so impressed with it either.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Keep listening. I wasn't wow'd first few listens either. One of those cds that gets better with each listen.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

The string quartet Tribute to Tool, the Deftones one is pretty farging great too.  All they are is a group of violins playing all types of music.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/HZmFpmUgQMU

Seabiscuit36