What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: Diomedes on June 14, 2006, 02:13:49 PM
The Gnarles Barkley is fantastic, no?

it's unlike anything i normally buy...but yes, this is one of the best albums i have bought in quite a while.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Father Demon

Quote from: Diomedes on June 14, 2006, 02:13:49 PM
The Gnarles Barkley is fantastic, no?

I downloaded Crazy last night, and wasn't, well, crazy about it.  Is the rest of the album better/different?
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

mussa

If you don't like crazy, you prob won't like the rest of album.  not all albums sound good right away. it might grow on you. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

I'm ebarrassed to say it b/c I hate MTV, but I watched the MTV Movie Awards and saw Gnarles Barkley perform and REALLY liked the song. I'm planning on downloading that ish tonight.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I'm deep into a Stephen Stills/Neil Young/Buffalo Springfield/Manassas run right now.

Stephen Still is underrated.

'Bluebird' is an incredible song.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

muse - black holes and revelations
nin - all that could of been
aphex twin - random mix of songs
red hot chili peppers - stadium arcadium
dirty drummer - the blakey album
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

muse is good stuff.

how'd you like the NIN show?

PhillyPhreak54

Well, since I can't reply to the Hip-Hop thread I'll put this here...

I have been digging up some old shtein lately. Just got done listening to Black Sheep (The choice is yours), Funkdoobiest (Superhoes - the song on Friday when Red gets knocked out by Debo), WU-Tang (Triumph) and some others.

Anyone ever heard of Dynamite Hack? They are from Austin and everything they have done sucks except for a whiteboy remake of Boyz in the Hood. It's pretty good. Not NWA good, but good in a funny way. I put it as my myspace page song.

mussa

yea that muse album comes out july 11th, but you can listen to the full album on myspace. www.myspace.com/muse
its excellant

NIN concert is friday.

phreak,
black sheep is one of my all-time favorite rap groups. a wolf in sheep's clothing is the shtein, first song til last.  i used to listen to them to get pumped up before a basketball game. that brings back some memories there. 

Fan_Since_64

Quote from: Diomedes on June 27, 2006, 05:34:25 PM
I'm deep into a Stephen Stills/Neil Young/Buffalo Springfield/Manassas run right now.

Stephen Still is underrated.

Good run to be on!  :yay  ;)

And I agree that Stephen Stills is very underrated. He almost never gets mentioned when you hear talk of great rock songwriters, but he has written and performed a lot of excellent material over the years.  8) I guess part of it comes from often laboring in the shadow of Neil Young.

Diomedes

You pretty much singlehandedly kicked this phase off by turning me onto Manassas.  That album is easily one of the best rock albums ever made.  Top 10 imho.

Neil's shadow no doubt obscures a lot of people..it's justifiably huge. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i cant believe i made you a hip-hop cd
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I can't believe your musical taste is so narrow, especially since the cd was great.

ice grillin you

i cant believe you thought i was serious

anyway all i ask for in my music is a little soul...is that to much?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes