ice grillin you

holy shtein one of my heroes is now gone clyde stubblefield

pour it out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

listening and pouring a little out today for the farging great leon ware...RIP

listening to his music always transports you to a 70's blaxplotation pic...always made me feel like i was actually in a corner bar in west philly watching doc j on a fuzzy tv screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xBXnXzjirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOpD4gzjTbg

Rome

I was flipping channels tonight and came across Queen Live From Montreal on MTV live.  I saw them at the Spectrum when I was in high school, and honestly, I'd forgotten how great they were live.  Holy shtein Freddie could sing and the rest of the band tore it up too.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

First, anyone friends with me on Facebook is probably sick of this shtein and I can't say I blame you. However, the band deserves some props. I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here or not, but Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sent my kid tickets to their show for Christmas. The show was on Friday, Joe Walsh opened. Awesome front row seats. Really nice of them to do that, period.

So, during Joe Walsh, someone comes out to bring us backstage. Hey, cool. We get backstage and it's not long before the Heartbreakers go on...and one by one, they're legitimately happy to talk to the kid-- they know who he is, they've been following him, blah blah. Dream come true for a 13 year old guitar player. Then Mike Campbell comes over, and Jake has talked to him before. He starts telling Jake how much he believes in him, how he's getting better and better, and he gives him a special handshake/blessing that George Harrison gave him when they met. Then he pulls out these custom made shirts they made for my son....signed by everyone in the band. I mean, what kind of fantasy nonsense is that? Good thing cameras exist because there's no one who would believe that story. Unbelievable in the truest sense of the word. They send him tickets, bring him backstage, know who he is and spend time with him...and then they thank HIM? That's bananas.

Anyway, The Heartbreakers are legit awesome guys.

Tomahawk

PhillyPhreak54

That is indeed cool as farg. I watch most of the videos on FB and little Zanshin is super talented. Watching him progress has been awesome

rjs246

I've been listening to the I Am Rapaport podcast. Michael Rapaport is awful and I kind of want to kill myself listening to him but there's something almost mesmerizing about his ridiculous way of talking.

So, anyone else listen? Is he a genius or a farging embarrassment?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i dont listen to his podcast
primarily because i didnt know he had a podcast

but ive always loved him
i mean come on hes an nba and golden age hip hop junkie

and hes normally pretty hilarious
his guest spots on the jump have always been great

just dont put him in your movie

rjs246

Yeah, I mean his interests and his politics are in line with my own but my god why does he talk like that?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

im not sure what you mean.....he has a little illness in him...is that what you are talking about?

Sgt PSN

I've always liked that dude. Funny guy. Can't seem to get meaningful work in front of the camera, but I think that's probably by choice.

hunt

yeah, hasn't been in a successful movie since copland.  :-D  but he's alright.  he brought some entertainment value to the stern show over the past year.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Zanshin

Last thing I saw him in was Justified, which was a great show-- but he was laughably miscast in it. Watching him try to wrestle with a southern accent was painful.