2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i was gonna say that but then i thought of the president, reese/cole, david montgomery and rupert murdoch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhreak54

My prediction post...

Quote1. Phillies 94-68
2. Mets 88-74
3. Braves 86-76
4. Nationals 75-87
5. Marlins 70-92

* Howard hits 60+
* Rollins has another MVP-type season but loses his shot at a repeat because;
* Chase Utley is the NL MVP, he'll hit .330+ with 25+ HRS
* The Werth/Jenkins platoon works out okay
* Pedro Feliz turns out to be one of the best low-key signings of the off-season
* Brad Lidge returns to his old form with a high 90s fastball and that hard ass slider

* Adam Eaton goes on the DL with a yeast infection
* Pat Burrell has a so-so final season in Philly and Billy Beans weeps sadly for his man
* Myers wins 15 and IGY cakes me off for that and the wins bet
* The Phils will miss Aaron Rowand big time, and they will regret not signing him
* The bullpen will be a strength (at least the back end)

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteGillick may decide to stand pat in Philly

There's a lot of scuttlebutt that Phillies GM Pat Gillick, who's still one of the best in the business, may not retire after all. Publicly, Gillick has maintained he planned to retire. But several baseball people said they believe the decision has not been made and that Gillick may indeed change his thinking and return to run the Phillies.

SI.com

PhillyPhreak54

Ed...

do you know of any of the local radio sites that are free? They are showing the Brewers-Cubs here tomorrow and no bars will show it either.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

I'm not even sure I'm going to my little cousins Jew mitzvah now so you need to come to philly for us to hang out

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 27, 2008, 12:50:00 AM
QuoteGillick may decide to stand pat in Philly

There's a lot of scuttlebutt that Phillies GM Pat Gillick, who's still one of the best in the business, may not retire after all. Publicly, Gillick has maintained he planned to retire. But several baseball people said they believe the decision has not been made and that Gillick may indeed change his thinking and return to run the Phillies.

SI.com

Please god no.

Rome

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on September 27, 2008, 07:37:04 AM
They're showing the Yankees/Red Sox here in Orlando.

:boom

Ft. Myers, too.  Never mind that game has ZERO bearing on the playoffs now.  I'd rather watch KC-Minnesota at this point than Yanks-Sawx.