Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Make them sit out the entire "season".

MLB once again steps on their own dicks. The bubble way is the only way. Unless you're Lou Will getting wings from a titty club.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2020, 10:15:22 PM
maybe don't start a team sport outside of a bubble in the middle of an out of control pandemic...no you didn't have to try...just like you don't have to try and send kids back to school in a month...sports are not essential and thinking they have to start again is selfish as farg

this was collectively bargained by the players and the league...the league, run by a moron, proposed a bubble and the players said no farging way. anyone who wanted to opt out couldve. if you dont want to watch it you dont have to but i dont understand the shut it down mentality. all relevant parties agreed to this.

then the marlins went out and farged up the program
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MLB should have been more persuasive in their bubble requirement.

And the players aren't much better. MLB usually does a fine job of fisting themselves without help.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Equal to a 21 game suspension if playing 162.

For buzzing the towers of cheating scumbags. He didn't even hit them.

Joe Kelly games suspended - 8
Astros who cheated games suspended - 0

Manfred is horrible. Baseball wonders why they can't grab market share and new fans and it's for dumbshtein moves that make no sense. They dicked around getting started. Could have been the sole game going on for awhile and getting killed ratings. Now? Just one week in the spotlight before NBA and NHL go on.

They didn't do the bubble. They still enforce blackout rules for tv. They don't start games early to get more eyes on games early in the day while people are home.

They're the worst run and most gone deaf of the four majors by far.

Oh and while I'm ranting - someone tell the sabr nerds that bunting during the dumb farging extra innings runner on second rule is smart.

ice grillin you

baseball doesnt get new viewers because people generally hate the actual sport not because joe kelly got suspended or the start times of games

baseballs bigger problem is alienating the fans it does have by doing dumb as farg shtein such as the man on second rule in extra innings...farg the bunting issue the rule shouldnt exist in the first place

it crazy to me that it is right in front of their eyes so obvious that they need to make rules that eliminate the shift yet they are inventing circus rules instead
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

baseball biggest problem is actually over exposure

you can watch 162 phillies game a year...why the farg would you ever want to or need to watch cubs-cardinals or twins-indians. thats why national ratings are bad. within markets the games do by and large better than nba and nhl
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Jesus farging Christ. THEY KEEP GETTING DUMBER!

farg off with the runner on second and silly shortened doubleheader's

Diomedes

I haven't been following...what's the runner on second rule?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on July 31, 2020, 08:27:37 AM
I haven't been following...what's the runner on second rule?

In extra innings, the offensive team begins every inning with a runner put at second base.  Just an attempt to keep the game from going too long.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Brewers vs Cards canceled bc of the Rona