Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Fields currently has no injury designation and I can't imagine a team with no chance of making the playoffs sending their future franchise qb to play if they thought he'd get hurt. My one holdup is it's a huge rivalry game but it's in Chicago and Fields has fresh legs. He doesn't have the line the Eagles have but he's more fleet of foot than Hurts and GB had no answer for him last week.

Diomedes

Sounds like you've made up your mind then.  Good luck!

p.s. your who-to-start site likes Smith 80%
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on December 02, 2022, 09:59:06 AM

I checked it out, they don't always update daily. Projections on cbs slightly favor Fields. I'm not 100% sure gonna think it out more.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on December 02, 2022, 09:59:06 AM

Rolling with Fields. Just an fyi the who to start site is now 64% Fields 36% Smith

Good luck today fellas coming down the stretch

Diomedes

in my league, Geno and Justin were within a point or two of each other today
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on December 04, 2022, 08:04:58 PM
in my league, Geno and Justin were within a point or two of each other today

Geno had 14 more pts in the league I started Fields but I still won by over 30 pts. It's a points/wins no playoff league so every point counts

Diomedes

I went back and forth over it but finally decided to put Garrett Wilson in over Terry McLaurin. 
I made the right call there.

Diomedes

This is the last week of regular season in my league.  At 10-3, I'm tied for first by record.  I've got a first week bye locked up.  So the next two weeks don't matter to me at all.

Question:  After dropping him last week for Zonovan, Fields (on a BYE this week) did not get picked up by any of my opponents.  He's currently fifth highest scoring player in the league.

Question: should I add Fields again, just to keep another team from adding him?  If yes, who do I cut?

----------------------------

my roster at present: 

QB Jalen Hurts Phi - QB
-
WR Ja'Marr Chase Cin - WR
WR Garrett Wilson NYJ - WR

RB Jamaal Williams Det - RB
RB Devin Singletary Buf - RB

W/R/T Travis Etienne Jr. Jax - RB
W/R/T Brian Robinson Jr. Was - RB

BN Terry McLaurin Was - WR
BN Latavius Murray Den - RB
BN Zonovan Knight NYJ - RB
BN Geno Smith Sea - QB (Seventh highest scoring player)
BN Marquise Brown Ari - WR

K Jason Myers Sea - K
D Dallas Dal - DEF

SD

You're set at qb and I wouldn't carry 3 and deplete your depth. Fields is still a scary play but he's slowed down fantasy wise and who knows if he'll run wrecklessly down the stretch with that shoulder injury.

Diomedes

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on December 07, 2022, 08:07:59 AMYou're set at qb and I wouldn't carry 3...

Yeah, agreed.  So the question is, do I swap Geno for Fields? 

The answer is yes, I suppose I should.  At the very least, it robs anyone the chance to add Fields for the stretch, and also puts Geno out of reach for a few days while he's held for waivers, preventing anyone from snagging him this week too.

Either way, I have a good backup option.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd roll with Geno.

Seattle is a good team and he has weapons there (DK, Lockett, Fant) whereas Chicago isn't playing for anything and they have injuries at the skill positions

SD

I'd roll with Geno too, more consistent and Seattle is a playoff team. Teams are starting to scheme to cut running lanes off from Fields and his favorite WR Mooney is done for the year. He might pop off for 40 but in my big money league I'm rolling with Geno over Fields rest of season.

Diomedes

Drafted second from last and managed second place overall on points, tied for first by head to head record (10-3).  No matchup this week/on a bye.

Not bad for first time playing in ten years or so.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on December 13, 2022, 07:48:17 AM
Drafted second from last and managed second place overall on points, tied for first by head to head record (10-3).  No matchup this week/on a bye.

Not bad for first time playing in ten years or so.

Congrats

Finished 1st in 2 leagues, only 1 has a playoffs so I have a 1st round bye. The other I won but the guy ahead of me won...his opponent only needed 10 and had Kyler so now I'm playing this next week. League I'm commissioner in I'm dead last. 3 leagues finished with highest points against 1 league with least points against.

Geno vs SF on brutal TNF or Fields vs the Birds. Leaning Fields because the Eagles blow at containing mobile qbs and game script I can see some garbage time points.

Only other option I'd consider on waivers is Rodgers

Diomedes

tough call

SF def is the harder matchup so I'm going with Fields in your spot