Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Honestly didn't think Cutler was going to come back.

He's an unlikeable bitch, but not a whole lot worse than Tannehill when it comes to playing QB. Back with Gase on a team loaded with offensive weapons, I don't think he'll look like he did last season.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

It's great to make fun of how awful Ryan Leaf turned out to be....right up to the point that I remember dude only won like 4 games in his career and 1 of them was against the Eagles. 

Also, I completely forgot that SD traded with Arizona to move up to number 2 so they could draft him. 

QuoteMarch 16, 1998: Traded by Cardinals as 1998 1st round pick (2nd overall) to Chargers for 1998 1st round pick (3rd overall, Andre Wadsworth), 1998 2nd round pick (33rd overall, Corey Chavous), 1999 1st round pick (8th overall, David Boston), Eric Metcalf and Patrick Sapp

Cards absolutely fleeced the shtein out of SD on that one and it still took them another decade to get good. 

Diomedes

David Boston...there's a name that hasn't scrolled through my brain for a long time.  Talk about swoled, Christ.  That dude got puffy at the end.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Andre Wadsworth was a colossal bust himself.  That's one of the reasons it took the peckers long as it did to become competitive.   

ice grillin you

really all they got out of that entire trade was two great david boston seasons and a few seasons of good but not great corey chavous

Rome

All the Giants got was two Super Bowls and a HOF QB.

SUCKERS!

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on August 10, 2017, 02:11:02 PM
David Boston...there's a name that hasn't scrolled through my brain for a long time.  Talk about swoled, Christ.  That dude got puffy at the end.

David Boston, Robocop (can't find the thread)

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 10, 2017, 02:57:38 PM
All the Giants got was two Super Bowls and a HOF QB.

SUCKERS!

that was six years later but if you honestly look at it the chargers really got the better of the deal in that one

Rome

I was kidding, dude.  🤣

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

i dont know how he will end up as a qb but watching all mitch trubinskys throws on game pass this morning his arm strength jumps off the screen...it looks much better than even in college

QB Eagles

Tannehill officially done for the season with a partially torn ACL. Same ACL he tore in December.

Diomedes

In other words, Tannehill officially done for the ever.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN