Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 20, 2017, 08:46:41 PM
trump mocking kaepernick tonight at his redneck rally and saying no NFL team will sign him because they don't want nasty tweets from trump

I don't know what is more sad that our president is threatening NFL owners with tweets or that he's a pathetic hatemongering bully

I wouldn't call that a threat; it's more of a dumb joke from a dumbass. I still can't believe he's our president.

ice grillin you

didnt sound remotely like a joke to me and the crowd definitely didn't take it as such

but even if you believe it was the guy has had hundreds of threats of physical violence against him and or his family so it's completely irresponsible for the president to use his office to even joke about this especially to the red meat supporters who were attending or watching
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Come on, Jeff.  Stick it in his eye.  You know Pederson would love to carry 3 QBs.

Get Kap.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

kap shouldve thought twice before kneeling during a song

if he dies he dies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

Everything Trump does as POtuS is irresponsible.

Tomahawk

Gale Sayers has dementia (which was diagnosed four years ago). He just moved home from a care facility so he'll probably be dead sooner than later.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 21, 2017, 01:21:31 AM
Gale Sayers has dementia (which was diagnosed four years ago). He just moved home from a care facility so he'll probably be dead sooner than later.

and dwight clark has als altho this was probably already posted

Rome

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 21, 2017, 01:21:31 AM

Lucky bastich didn't read the last two pages. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 20, 2017, 10:37:25 PM
Come on, Jeff.  Stick it in his eye.  You know Pederson would love to carry 3 QBs.

Get Kap.

be the first jersey ive bought in at least ten years

PhillyPhreak54

Now I want it to happen just so you'll be seen in a midnight green jersey

I have no problem with Kap and others doing what they did. Have no problem with John Carlos and Tommie Smith from the 1968 Olympics.

Kap is putting actions out there. So when fargface Trump at one of his klan rallies rips the guy and his MAGA hat wearing imbeciles need it makes me laugh. Kap has done more than any of those people have in regards to helping people.

He just donated $50k to Meals on Wheels today too

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on March 20, 2017, 11:51:32 PM
kap shouldve thought twice before kneeling during a song

if he dies he dies

This is quality work right here.  You need to post more of this and less of...well...everything else you post. 

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 21, 2017, 01:14:46 PM
Now I want it to happen just so you'll be seen in a midnight green jersey

I have no problem with Kap and others doing what they did. Have no problem with John Carlos and Tommie Smith from the 1968 Olympics.

Kaep isn't doing what others are doing. Kneeling during a national anthem or a flag is displayed is a universal sign of disrespect.

Whereas "The raised fist, or the clenched fist, is a symbol of solidarity and support. It is also used as a salute to express unity, strength, defiance, or resistance."

MDS

the usa electing a bigot is a universal sign of disrespect to anyone who isnt kkk

nothing more patriotic than protest, especially during an anthem or around a flag. the fact that kap can do that and not wind up in jail is why america isnt horrible. you can disagree with the protest but still respect his right to do it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

You're confusing the issues. He has the right to do whatever the hell he wants within the confines of the law. But don't act like he's a 'victim' because teams don't want to sign him after he showed a sign of disrespect. That's where this whole argument started. That teams won't sign him because of his actions.

As to your first point yeah I agree...not sure what that has to do with Kaepernick.

PhillyPhreak54

His kneeling was his way to draw attention to the issues he wanted to bring to the forefront

He did things wrong too (pig socks etc) but the open cheering for him to remain unemployed because he's some military hating punk is harsh.