______________, PHILADELPHIA EAGLE - Call It Here

Started by Rome, April 26, 2017, 08:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 27, 2017, 08:40:01 AM
Quote from: Tomahawk on April 26, 2017, 09:35:06 PM
I wouldn't be upset if they traded back to get more picks

My hope as well. Maybe take a corner at the end of round 1, pick up an extra second, take the best available RB and another CB.

Just from listening to the experts who call into the local radio shows a lot of talking heads like Derek Barnett. I wouldn't mind that pick. Really haven't followed the draft close so I guess I'd be fine with either Corey Davis or Mike Williams.

barnett was productive as hell in college but i dont see any explosiveness at the nfl level....he reminds me in college exactly of tamba hali...now in the pros if he ended up tamba hali youd be thrilled...but theres much more of a chance he ends up pre last year brandon graham...maybe he gets by on work ethic his hands and technique...definitely possible...i just dont k now if id bet on that in the top 15...thing is this is not a good edge rush draft so its going to artificially elevate people like barnett....theres a very good chance hes not even there at 14
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I'm really tired of the Reggie White mentions with that guy.  I know they're only saying them because of the Vols connection, the position he plays and the slot where the Eagles are picking, but still...

Stop it, media jackasses.  Just stop it. 

ice grillin you

lol i havent heard that but its beyond preposterous

reggie white weighed like 50 lbs more than barnett and was 2-3 inches taller....there will never ever be another reggie white...one because he was a once in a lifetime freak and two because thats not the nfl anymore....people want smaller speed rushers on the outside...today reggie would probably be a 3-4 DE who moves inside on passing downs

Susquehanna Birder

i'd be happy with Davis or Williams. Different styles, but either would still a solid choice to grow with Wentz.

Rome

Google "Reggie White Derek Barnett" in the news site and watch what comes up. 

Barnett will be a good player in the league.  Maybe even very good.   But the minister was in the running for GOAT.   Keep his name out yo mouths, bitches. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on April 27, 2017, 09:42:54 AM
i'd be happy with Davis or Williams. Different styles, but either would still a solid choice to grow with Wentz.

granted alshon is on a one year deal but williams is a mirror image of him....id rather have a route runner on the other side and davis excels at that...especially if you think/want alshon long term

MDS

according to wikipedia, jon harris lives in sweedsboro

oh i dont know....pick a wide out or something
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Rome on April 27, 2017, 08:45:22 AM
History blah

I just hope Howie resists the urge to grab the national spotlight and do something really idiotic. 

Blah and I'm good.

Howie was on a segment of some stupid show on the NFL Network. There's no way he can't be an idiot.

ice grillin you

just gotta hope that douglas has more influence than we think or know...cant imagine howie not forever being a napoleonic power hungry farg the world nerd but maybe its different now with the sabbatical he was given in chips last year

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2017, 09:51:28 AM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on April 27, 2017, 09:42:54 AM

granted alshon is on a one year deal but williams is a mirror image of him....id rather have a route runner on the other side and davis excels at that...especially if you think/want alshon long term

Yep. If Alshon has any success this year, he'll be back for a second. I definitely prefer Davis, but I wouldn't have a conniption if Williams gets the pick.

Eagles_Legendz

Eagaholic

Just to be different I'm not going to say Barnett even though I think that's the most likely. I'll go with with trading down and will be disappointed if they don't (unless one of the top half dozen guys should fall to them).

I wouldn't mind the top 2 picks being corners and I can see a run on CB in the late 1st and early second before they pick. If they can trade down it allows them to move up a few spots in the second plus maybe get a midrounder or two.

Schwartz thinks CB is maybe the hardest position to play in all of sports and likes guys with at least decent size and speed. If Humphrey is still there they take him, and if not trade down and roll the dice a bit to take Kevin King.

ice grillin you

Eagaholic

Ross is one of those guys I don't want them to pick but really would be excited if they did.

ice grillin you

great thing about ross is that he has the blazing speed and change of direction to get vertical when ever he wants like a cooks or pimp but he also is a great route runner and has fantastic hands where he can produce in smaller areas like the red zone