Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I doubt it will go that high.  The 470HP Superbee is only $43K & change.  Figure $65K including an gas guzzler tax.

Sgt PSN

I'm thinking production will be fairly limited, thus driving up the price. I'm also thinking it may have some costly interior upgrades.

smeags

11 second 1/4 mile time.

boing
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Any opinions on adding something like this?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=77-2585KS

Never done it before, looks simple as farg.  If I can get 10+ extra hp and better mpg...for $300...I'm seriously considering that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

That's a pretty big promise on the HP increase just because of air flow.  If you're planning on keeping the ride for a long while, then yeah, it's worth it.

PhillyPhreak54

K&N's are much better filters. I think the $300 is pricey and you won't see a 10HP gain.

I had K&N's on every mustang I owned and cold air I takes too and it never made a noticeable difference

Diomedes

I am planning on keeping this truck for a long time.

Just looked up the CARB stuff though...and MD is a a CARB state from MY2011.  My truck is a '12, so this would cause me to fail emissions, unless I want to retain the old kit and swap them out the day I do emissions.

might just get a regular K&N and nevermind the cold air kit

PhillyPhreak54

Interesting that it would cause an emission failure. I never knew that

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on March 03, 2015, 08:43:20 PM
I am planning on keeping this truck for a long time.

Just looked up the CARB stuff though...and MD is a a CARB state from MY2011.  My truck is a '12, so this would cause me to fail emissions, unless I want to retain the old kit and swap them out the day I do emissions.

might just get a regular K&N and nevermind the cold air kit
I have a Injen Air Intake on my mazda 6, and haven't had any issues with emissions testing in Maryland.  That being said, from all the testing that I've seen you're better off just getting a K&N filter vs an CAI.  CAI's give the throaty sound, but you're not going to see any increased performance unless you're racing. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

What model year is your 6?

Seabiscuit36

2005 6 Sport.  Got it the year before they released the MazdaSpeed.  I'm up to 78k miles on it, need to get my interior upholstery redone as its slowing drooping. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

The CARB standards don't apply to your car.  Model year 2011 and on.  So it makes sense that you don't have any problem passing inspection, but I think I will because my truck was made after the new standards kick in.