Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Before

1st Rebuild

Final-ish

smeags

get her on a dyno yet ? how many horses is she putting out ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

This is getting sexy.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

MDS

so im moving back to philly and am uhauling back

does anyone a sensible way to go about getting a hitch for the trailer and installing it. i have access to cheap immigrant labor if that helps.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

No dyno and don't really plan on it...based on stock hp, I'm guessing I now have about 400 at the wheels. 1970 and later full size buicks should all have a 455...this is bored twenty over so technically it's a 460 cid

Seabiscuit36

Looks sweet Tomahawk. 

MDS, I had no idea you were a Coyote hauling immigrants around.  Impressive side job. 

http://www.etrailer.com/fitguide.htm if youre looking to put one on your vehicle.  If you want to tow something with the uhaul, you can get a hit from pepboys or walmart provided the Uhaul has a receiver.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

Thanks....I recently begrudgingly replaced the qjet with a holley and it runs approximately a gazillion times better. Even though I rebuilt it three times now (1.cleaning, 2. high flow needle & seat, marine epoxy fuel wells etc, 3. boring out the idle channels and idle down tubes .05" each), I have faith I can get it running correctly...next up is installing bushings in the throttle shaft and check the baseplate's flatness. As great as the holley runs, nothing beats the sound of when the secondaries open up on a quadrajet.

smeags

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 11, 2014, 04:43:52 PM
No dyno and don't really plan on it...based on stock hp, I'm guessing I now have about 400 at the wheels. 1970 and later full size buicks should all have a 455...this is bored twenty over so technically it's a 460 cid

gotcha - for some reason i was thinking you had achoice in '70. shtein 400hp at the wheels plus the torque those things put out should have you flying.

Diomedes

Gasoline is such a miracle.

Over the weekend I attended the annual Steam and Gas show at Tuckahoe, in Easton MD....hit and miss engines of all sizes, steam powered tractors (at least 15 of 'em), etc.

There were motors there that weigh a thousand pounds and produce one half horsepower, and when they were first produced, they were a godsend to farmers and other real workers.  It was the difference between dry and wet, between one day and ten days....it was a massive change in life.

To think that you've got 400 horse to the wheels, and what...400 ft. lb. torque as well?  That's just insane, really.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Dillen

Remote keyless entry system stopped working. Went and bought a new battery, replaced it, still nothing. Figured it's the receiver or whatever... but then went through the manual settings and re-sync'd the system all together. There was a ping, which recognized that the car and the keys sync'd together. Except it still doesn't work. Fffffff

Diomedes

707 hp
650 lb ft

from the factory.

that's sick. 

Sgt PSN

I've already been thinking about trading in for a new Charger, so maybe I'll wait for this one to hit the market.  Guesses on sticker price, anyone?   I'm thinking at least $75k.