Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Or stop playing around with children's toys altogether and get a farging motorcycle
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Found service manual online for around $23 bucks, but I am assuming they are copied versions. Service manuals for quads cost around $100 brand new from dealers.

LOL, at childrens toy. I'd love to have a motorcycle, but don't trust other drivers. I feel much safer on dirt where I am solely responsible for my decisions when riding. I have 20 acres to ride whenever I want.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

you do realize I'm joking..right?

quads are cool as shtein
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

dio pm'd me and said he really wasn't joking and that he thinks youre a punk biatch for riding quads and he hopes your meatcicle gets caught in the chain. 

mussa

A friend who just got a quad was out riding for the first time on it last saturday and he hit a rail road tie on this bridge where we ride and broke it clean in half. broke his collarbone and his back in 4 places. luckily the back injuries weren't serious. just chipped bones from impact. he's lucky. he must of hit the bridge too fast with wet tires and lost traction.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

shorebird

My nephew flipped his 4 wheeler and was flown too UM's shock trauma because he had a concussion and didn't remember anything. Dumbass didn't have a helmet on. 14 stitches in his head. Friends that were there said he was lucky he wasn't killed when the quad came down, just missing his head.

What kind of idiot gets on one of those things without a helmet on??

mussa

Its pretty easy to jump on it without one. Especially when you ride someplace with no rules. After last weekend though I am making it mandatory. Everyone rides with one usually, but from time to time someone might not, but they are not doing anything crazy either. But yeah its plain stupid to not.

mussa

Diomedes

mussa

Diomedes

PhillyPhanInDC

I knew when I first saw the pic it was extremely low RPM. Just over 100 flat out is pretty damn slow. Wonder what the compression ration and how much boost it's under. Would love to see an exploded view of the hairdryers that'll get hung on it. Also wonder if each cylinder will have it's own induction and exhaust systems, basically a turbo per....pretty unreal.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

shorebird

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on November 15, 2009, 09:39:16 PM
I knew when I first saw the pic it was extremely low RPM. Just over 100 flat out is pretty damn slow. Wonder what the compression ration and how much boost it's under. Would love to see an exploded view of the hairdryers that'll get hung on it. Also wonder if each cylinder will have it's own induction and exhaust systems, basically a turbo per....pretty unreal.

The last pic on the bottom of the page looks like they have a turbo for every cylinder, the turbo's look bigger than my truck. Awesome. 1,660 gallons of fuel per hr.? Unbelievable.

Zanshin

Sup there, Gearheads. Both of the 12v outlets in the front of my car went out. I had a phone charger in one, and I noticed it stopped working. So, I moved it to the other one...and it worked for a little bit...then it crapped out. So, obviously the charger did something. Think it's a fuse thing, or something worse? Any ideas?

Sgt PSN

just go buy a new car.  it'll be good for the economy.