Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

rjs246

Camaros are farging ugly as shtein. Redneck, mulletblasted bullshtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I knew you would agree with me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Quote from: rjs246 on February 10, 2007, 05:59:09 PM

yea, like a mullet never drove a mustang, get the farg outta here
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

I love the older camaros all the way through the 80's but this one just doesn't do anything for me. 

^^Is it just me or does the ass end of this thing remind you of a Porche?^^

rjs246

Quote from: mussa on February 10, 2007, 06:35:55 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on February 10, 2007, 05:59:09 PM

yea, like a mullet never drove a mustang, get the farg outta here

There is absolutely a hick quality to certain mustangs. Camaros are univerally driven by back-country sister-lickers.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

Gearhead trivia:

Without using the internet

Which Pony car used a 302 V-8?

A. Ford Mustang

B. Chevy Camaro
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

without using the internet, I'll guess B. 

Also, what does that mean, "Pony car?"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Diomedes

he said "without using the internet"

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on February 11, 2007, 06:24:04 PM
he said "without using the internet"

I didn't use the internet to answer his question.  I used it to answer yours, DIO.

PhillyPhreak54

Mustangs used the 302.

I believe Camaros varied in what they used throughout the years. 305's and 350's were their engines.

Mustangs started using the 302 in 1967 if I recall correctly. But not strictly. The 302 V8 didn't become the standard v8 used in the cars until 1974 when the second gen's hit the road.

Rome

The second generation of Mustangs were an abomination.  The Mustang II's were an outright affront to liberty, justice and apple pie.

:D

Susquehanna Birder

True...but remember that it was the age of the Pinto and the Vega.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 12, 2007, 12:10:34 AM
Mustangs used the 302.

I believe Camaros varied in what they used throughout the years. 305's and 350's were their engines.

Mustangs started using the 302 in 1967 if I recall correctly. But not strictly. The 302 V8 didn't become the standard v8 used in the cars until 1974 when the second gen's hit the road.

Quote from: Diomedes on February 11, 2007, 06:21:57 PM
without using the internet, I'll guess B. 

Also, what does that mean, "Pony car?"

Trick question.

Both the Camaro and the Mustang came with 302s (5.0l, this is why you always hear Stang guys saying something like, "That is a sweet five-o...") at one point. The Mustang had them all the way up to the SN95 body style, after they switched from the 289 in '67 I believe. The Camaro could be had with the 302 in 67 and 69 (Only with the Z28 package, which at the time, gave you no markings, just mechanicals), and while most people don't even know Chevy built a 302, it was easily one of the baddest Chevy small blocks of all time.

In December 1966, Chevrolet then quietly released one of the most famous options codes of all time, option Z-28. Unpublicized and unknown by most of the buying public (and most Chevrolet sales people for that matter) and not mentioned in any sales literature, the only way someone could order the Z-28 package was to order a base Camaro with the Z-28 option, mandatory front disc brakes with power assist, and the Muncie 4-speed transmission. You could not order the SS package, automatic transmission, air conditioning, or the convertible. What you got was a unique 302 cid small block (Non-California emission cars were labeled MO while California emission engines were labeled MP) that was created by taking the 327 block and installing the short-stroke 283 crank. Specifically designed to compete in the Club of America Trans Am racing series which placed a 305 cid limit on its entries, the Z-28 was available to the public solely to qualify the car for racing. Advertised horsepower was listed at just 290bhp, which was not very impressive until one hooked it up to a dyno and got actual readings of 360-400 bhp. The Z-28 also came with a competition suspension, broad racing stripes on the hood and trunklid and could be combined with the RS option package. There was no Z-28 badging at all, lest it attract to much attention. The Z-28 proved to be difficult to launch on the street because its high reving engine was lethargic under 4000rpm and worked best when it was shifted at 7500rpm (!). Once it got going, the Z28 was tough to beat and boosted a 140mph top speed and numerous racing victories. Only 602 Z-28s were sold in 1967, making it a truly desirable collectable
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.