Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on February 20, 2017, 11:19:23 AM
Anybody know how the steaming process works? Fill it with water then put it in an oven?

Gotta be careful doing that.  If you overcook them they tend to come out a little jewey. 

Here's a slightly more serious answer.

Tomahawk

The first link, a video, was painful to watch, and the dude didn't steam it. But thanks for the info; google seems like a pretty helpful site and I'll replace my bookmark for aol online with it.

Rome

Got the lady a new car today.  2017 Sentra SR.  Sweet ride at a great price.  I hate car payments but she drives 50 miles a day for her commute and her older Sentra was starting to get cranky. 

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on February 20, 2017, 08:08:16 PM
Got the lady a new car today.  2017 Sentra SR.  Sweet ride at a great price.  I hate car payments but she drives 50 miles a day for her commute and her older Sentra was starting to get cranky. 

I've never lived more than 7-10 miles away from work until I got out of the military.  Then I had a 15 mile commute.  That shtein sucked.  50?  Farg that.  I don't even like driving that far to do something fun, let alone for work. 

Tomahawk

As much as I dislike car payments, I hate the instant depreciation of buying new even more. I'm assuming you got the turbo version so that's a plus.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on February 20, 2017, 09:14:40 PM
As much as I dislike car payments, I hate the instant depreciation of buying new even more.

Unless I hit the lottery or otherwise fall into an obscene amount of money, I will never by a brand new car again.  Did it once like 20 years ago.  Never again.  It's far too easy now to find "new" cars with super low mileage.  Dealer lots are full of new cars that some schmuck bought and drove for 2 months and then traded back in because he didn't like it.  So it's got 2500 miles on it instead of 20.  Big farging deal.  It's also considered a used car now and took the initial depreciation hit.   

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 20, 2017, 10:55:29 PM
As much as I dislike car payments, I hate the instant depreciation of buying new even more.

Unless I hit the lottery or otherwise fall into an obscene amount of money, I will never by a brand new car again.  Did it once like 20 years ago.  Never again.  It's far too easy now to find "new" cars with super low mileage.  Dealer lots are full of new cars that some schmuck bought and drove for 2 months and then traded back in because he didn't like it.  So it's got 2500 miles on it instead of 20.  Big farging deal.  It's also considered a used car now and took the initial depreciation hit.   

Did this on our last couple car purchases.  Big difference in car payment.

Rome

Her commute is 25:25 so it's not dreadful.  And I got the SR version with every upgrade.  Didn't get the Turbo.   I drove it and although it was peppy it's not my car and my wife doesn't need it   I paid $19,500 out the door.  Sticker was $27,500 with all their bullshtein tacked on. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on February 21, 2017, 07:08:34 AM
Her commute is 25:25 so it's not dreadful.  And I got the SR version with every upgrade.  Didn't get the Turbo.   I drove it and although it was peppy it's not my car and my wife doesn't need it   I paid $19,500 out the door.  Sticker was $27,500 with all their bullshtein tacked on. 

sentras are nice cars for the money. im 70miles round trip. still have an '06 sentra se, has 177k on it right now and its mainly work miles on the turnpike. which means tons of jam ups but still averaged 30 plus mpg.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 20, 2017, 11:23:32 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 20, 2017, 10:55:29 PM

Did this on our last couple car purchases.  Big difference in car payment.

Yup.  As long as you aren't in dire needs to replace a vehicle right away, it's really not very hard to find what you want online.  That's what I did when I bought my Mustang.  Had to drive 90 miles to get it, but I ended up finding a new (at the time) 05 with 1300 miles on it that some dude bought and traded in a month later.  An identical car that hadn't been taken off the lot yet was fetching almost $10k more.  YUGE savings, ok? Enormous.  Lots of money.  It's beautiful.   

Rome

She had the other car for a long time.  Her commute was like 5 minutes until she took a new job and the miles started piling up.  It was long past time for her to have something spiffy and new especially considering she has to live with someone like me who is neither. 

smeags

so now she's only disappointed when she comes home.

Rome

smeags