Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Would you want to be job hunting right now with Penn State on your resume? I'm glad I'm not.

SunMo

if anything it gives you a topic of conversation during your interview. and unless the interviewer was a victim of childhood ass rape, it shouldn't matter.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 08, 2011, 04:32:20 PM
Would you want to be job hunting right now with Penn State on your resume? I'm glad I'm not.

Agreed. I'm glad I'm employed. I was a corporate comm major and a lot of what we do is branding. The Penn State brand is forever tarnished and this scandal will forever rot their image which was one of the most immaculate images in all of college sports. I always took pride in telling people I was a Penn State grad...now it's something that I'm ashamed of.

rjs246

Quote from: SD on November 08, 2011, 05:13:06 PM
I always took pride in telling people I was a Penn State grad...now it's something that I'm ashamed of.

That's exactly what makes this difficult to deal with. Something that I've been proud to be a part of since I was a kid is now something the invokes feelings of shame and disgust.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 08, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

short of one of the kids fathers doing the hiring this wouldnt be an issue at all

99% of educated people in the world would be able to separate this scandal from a random kids penn state diploma
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

You give people too much credit.

phattymatty

nm

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 08, 2011, 04:18:30 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on November 08, 2011, 01:02:23 PM
FF/RJS, on the real, sorry for you. Seems like this was the last shred of innocence for you and a lot of my friends and family held on to. I am kind of shocked it has this kind of effect on the people it went there.

I've always been able to excuse the usually-mediocre results on the football field with the knowledge that things were being done the "right" way.

This is where my confusion comes in regarding the reactions I see on here, Facebook, etc.. Most of the people I know (family, friends) that went to Penn State are generally pragmatic and skeptical, and see the world for what it is. RJS and you seem to be cut from a similar cloth. So I am a little surprised that they, and you, bought in to the school's image of wholesomeness when you would be likely to view persons in such positions in just about any other organization corrupt until proven otherwise. Does that make sense? Not trying to be offensive.

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 08, 2011, 09:03:33 PM
You give people too much credit.

So did you.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on November 08, 2011, 12:45:59 PM
No one cares about McQueary and he will be forgotten in a month. I agree with you but no one cares about him and he's the one who has to live with what he saw and what he did or didn't do.

i care...dook is like 6'5 220 and saw a 60 year old man raping a 10 year old boy and walked away...outside of sandusky obviously its easily the most despicable thing in this whole mess...plus looks like he was promoted to full time assistant and recruiting coordinator in exchange for his silence because theres no way you are sending a no name scrub ginger to make in home visits...at the very least he chose his own career over the safety of children...actually the janitors are worse than ginger but as far as known staff

1. sandusky
2. ginger
3. paterno
4. curley
5. spanier

Hawk

Both millen and herm Edwards have called out ginger for being a Hoyda thus far in addition to the one kids mom.

SD

No way they can let Mcqueary stand on the sideline this week. But who takes over his duties?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on November 09, 2011, 08:00:24 AM
No way they can let Mcqueary stand on the sideline this week. But who takes over his duties?

Who cares? They're going to lose to Nebraska big anyway. But seriously... make Jay Paterno or Galen Hall stand on the sideline if you have to.

This just in: First axe falls on GRAHAM SPANIER as soon as this week. Rumor is he will be replaced on an interim basis by former governor Tom Ridge. BOOM

ice grillin you

FOX Philly reports that the victim total is now up to 20. On Monday, state authorities publicized two phone numbers for potential victims to call. Unfortunately, those phones rang quite a bit, according to FOX.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 08:50:17 AM
FOX Philly reports that the victim total is now up to 20. On Monday, state authorities publicized two phone numbers for potential victims to call. Unfortunately, those phones rang quite a bit, according to FOX.

Had to know that was going to happen. While the Tiger Woods' scandal pales in comparison to the gravity of this situation, it's similar. There is obviously a pattern of deviant behavior and not just one or two isolated incidents.