Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

seems like there were just a bunch of rumors and uncomfortableness with the adults...except for mcqueary. what kind of person sees something that sick happening and doesn't follow up. i mean yeah i guess he was in his 20s and worried about his job and stuff but that is absolutely disgusting. not blaming just him cuz it seems like the whole lot of them are either retarded or closet pedos, but that seems to be something a normal person would not be able to live with.

i have a gross feeling that since this went on for so long, pretty much in front of everyone, there's a pack of old pervs up there that will all be getting busted soon.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 07, 2011, 08:47:44 AM
someone made the point that joe might stay for next year even if he had planned on retiring because he doesnt want it to look like an admission of any sort of guilt and thus tarnish his legacy even more

this may be valid....then again it may not even be up to him

There's no athletic director to fire him. And hell, Spanier has tied up his fortunes to Curley and Schultz with his "unconditional support" bullshtein, so the university president can't even do it.

If Joe leaves, it's his call. And I don't think he would stay just to keep up appearances. He might stay to try to keep the football program safe and separate from the bigger problems, but I don't know if he has enough left to do that.

Again... taking this with a massive grain of salt for many reasons, but it's not like it doesn't make sense (from the latest espn.com update):
QuotePaterno wasn't charged, and the grand jury report didn't implicate him in wrongdoing. His son Scott, an attorney who helped his father draft the statement, said in a phone interview Sunday evening that his father didn't know the severity of the alleged crimes until he read the grand jury's findings Saturday.

"When he read the presentment and called me, he could barely speak," Scott Paterno said.

"It was like a punch in the gut."

So, it's clear to me if the allegations are true - and hard to think they're not:
Sandusky - suicide would make him lucky
Curley - douche bag who is just as guilty if any of this went down after he was in the know
Schultz - in charge of the police and didn't open a criminal investigation... you do the math
McQueary - the phrase "you come at the king, you best not miss" comes to mind... We would all like to say we would have stopped at nothing to see justice done, but with the legend Sandusky had and with Curley and Schultz opposing him, he really would have had to have balls the size of watermelons to do anything else. This is probably the same reason none of the boys came forward to authorities at the time... too afraid of being laughed off and rebuked because of the magnitude of the situation. I really don't know what to make of McQueary's role here.
Paterno - So, he allegedly knew less than McQueary but obviously had zero fear of being labeled a pariah if he did decide to escalate past the university authorities. You certainly don't want to believe the worst of someone you've known and trusted for 30+ years, and that plays into it too. Just tough to really know how culpable he is or isn't.

So, the grand jury seems to have blame in the right places for now IMO. The court of public opinion will decide JoePa's fate and legacy around this, but it will always be associated with him to some extent regardless... and that is a pretty damning punishment for the winningest coach in Div 1/FBS history.

Drunkmasterflex

Yeah the whole thing is just crazy.....what planet are they living on? They really are in their own world up there.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on November 07, 2011, 09:03:37 AM
i have a gross feeling that since this went on for so long, pretty much in front of everyone, there's a pack of old pervs up there that will all be getting busted soon.

i agree this is where its headed if people dig and press hard enough...its way to small of a community and circle for a whole bunch of people not to either have known what was up and ignored or straight up participated...i mean sandusky was caught red glanded blowing one kid and butt humping another and the answer to this was to take his keys away??
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 07, 2011, 09:07:23 AM
Quote from: phattymatty on November 07, 2011, 09:03:37 AM

i agree this is where its headed if people dig and press hard enough...its way to small of a community and circle for a whole bunch of people not to either have known what was up and ignored or straight up participated...i mean sandusky was caught red glanded blowing one kid and butt humping another and the answer to this was to take his keys away??

Distinct possibility... because the other alternative actually seems just as unlikely:

Quote"Does anybody really think," Scott Paterno said, "that if (the university) thought he was a child rapist, they would have given him a farewell tour?"

So the fact of the matter is that either it was a conspiracy that encompassed a larger number of men in power, or it was a conspiracy just between Curley and Schultz. But why would they protect him to that level unless they knew others would be implicated? Others we haven't even heard about yet?

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Drunkmasterflex

Scott Paterno can say that but the bottom line is if "they" would have just turned this over to the police from the jump it all could have been avoided.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

phattymatty

100% chance that Kip Richael knew about this.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on November 07, 2011, 09:33:16 AM
Scott Paterno can say that but the bottom line is if "they" would have just turned this over to the police from the jump it all could have been avoided.

yup...expect civil suits from every kid in the indictment who got abused after the 2002 incident...and maybe many more depending on who else comes forward...because this obviously extends well beyond the 8 victims in the charging papers...bye bye endowment

Drunkmasterflex

I can already see the signs for away games Pedophile State University

phattymatty

yeah i threw on a psu hat just to walk to walgreens yesterday afternoon, then switched when i realized what i was wearing. embarrassing.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on November 07, 2011, 09:33:16 AM

Schultz was in charge of the police with jurisdiction here. So the question is if going over his head to the state police or Feds was something McQueary or Paterno could have feasibly done. McQueary? Yeah, seems like he could have and didn't. Joe? Hard to do second-hand with a watered down version of the truth... Allegedly.

Just found this nugget too... Yikes:
QuoteSchultz served as senior vice president and treasurer from 1993 to 2009. He returned to the job this year to fill in until someone else could be found. The Board of Trustees named a child care center on campus after him in January 2010.

Drunkmasterflex

That is why I said they, there is no reason not to err on the side of caution whe. It comes to this.