2013 Grade It

Started by ice grillin you, April 28, 2013, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

lane johnson - OT - i wouldnt have gone in this direction but you cant argue with the pick - B
zach ertz - TE - stupid idiocy but at least hes a solid player - C
bennie logan - DT - not only is he not a solid player hes a terrible one - F
matt barkley - QB - in one of the best 4th rounds ever he was a non fit and unnecessary - D
earl wolff - S - very good pick....he will start one day...maybe soon - A-
joe kruger - DE - solid pick but there were better options - B-
jordan poyer - CB - if he makes the team he will be a sick special teamer - C
david king - DT - excellent value.....better player than bennie logan - A

overall grade - D
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I never once paid any attention to Logan in the games I saw him in so I don't know shtein, but you're literally the only person I've read who thinks this guy sucks. Your hatred amuses me greatly.

Grade = A
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i would bet money that 95% of the people who are saying bennie logan is great have never seen him play

and 50% of those people never heard of him until yesterday

PhillyPhreak54

I've watched a lot of LSU games and I like him. I think he will be a good player.

Lane Johnson = Chip admitted they had Dion Jordan rated higher and would have taken him had he been there at four. I didn't want an OL high and I would've loved to have traded back and gotten Jarvis Jones. Hell I would've taken Jones at four if no trade partners were there. I believe he's going to be great. Johnson seems like a solid prospect and I like his athleticism and he plays angry. Despite my personal preference to not take an OL this was a safe pick. GRADE - B

Zach Ertz = he's a really good player and will give them a guy who presents matchup problems and playmaking ability. Two tight ends is all the rave now so they're keeping up with the trends. I didn't like the selection at this spot because I wanted defense to be the focal point. GRADE - C

Bennie Logan = I like the pick because he's a good interior OL and can play nose or end. I want versatility and solid run defenders and he's one of those guys. I probably would've taken Damontre Moore because he's got good sack numbers. I value on field production over measurables. However the Logan pick was still good. GRADE - B+

Matt Barkley = he cost himself a ton by going back to school to shoot for the Heisman and a championship. I didn't like the pick because I wanted a safety (Rambo or Thomas) here. However the value was there and it's a good pick based on that. He's prone to bad picks and his arm strength isn't the best. Hopefully he develops into a good player. I like him as a prospect better than Foles. GRADE - C+

Earl Wolff = a very good pick. He's fast and he can hit and like I said yesterday he's not named Jarrett or Coleman. GRADE - A

Joe Kruger = another value pick and fits into the interchangeable DL/OLB mold. I liked a few other players still on the board but they need big bodies on the line. GRADE - C

Jordan Poyer = excellent value pick here. Once again I think people get too wrapped up in measurables and his weren't appealing (not blazing fast and had a poor vertical). He could end up playing a lot and be a solid third or fourth guy and a plus special teamer. GRADE - A

David King = another good value guy in this spot. GRADE - B

OVERALL GRADE = C

Eagles_Legendz

I don't think they reached for anyone except perhaps Logan, my concern is they didn't address issues which I thought were pretty glaring (OLB/CB/DL/S).  Example: I like Ertz but I rather would have spent that pick somewhere else, I'd have rather taken Moore than Logan etc.  I like the Lane Johnson pick, didn't hate Ertz, and I actually like the Barkley pick the more I think about it, though it does speak to my earlier point about positional need.  I think they got people slotted in appropriate spots (didn't 'reach') but I don't know about the positions selected until the 7th.

I'd give it a B- I guess.

ESPN/CNNSI both gave them B+.

BigEd76

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 28, 2013, 01:36:34 PMmy concern is they didn't address issues which I thought were pretty glaring (OLB/CB/DL/S)

They still added depth to all 4 spots though, and they'll add more in next year's draft.  There's still a few FAs out there that could help if needed

Wasn't thrilled by the Lane pick but I understand it, Ertz is a good pickup, Logan was projected to be a 1st next year if he had stayed, Barkley could have a decent career if Chip is planning to put him in a hybrid WCO-passing, zone-read-rushing offense, Kruger brings size as a backup OLB/DE, and the rest of the picks should be decent depth if they make the team.  Picking high, they were expected to have the best draft in the division, and I think they did.  Solid B

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 28, 2013, 02:37:24 PM
Logan was projected to be a 1st next year if he had stayed

so was barkley

BigEd76

Barkley came back because he wasn't going top 2 with Luck and RGIII ahead of him and he gambled on a USC team that turned out to be awful and it cost him millions

ice grillin you

bennie logans 2014 %'s

first round pick - 0
second round pick - 10
third round pick - 10
fourth round pick - 0
fifth round pick - 0
sixth round pick - 10
seventh round pick - 25
udfa - 45

PhillyPhreak54

Did Bennie Logan rob you or something?

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2013, 02:47:33 PM

a not good player is a not good player....but if it will make you feel better i can say hes a great pick

PhillyPhreak54

You seem to be the only person saying his not a good player.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2013, 02:47:33 PM

Igys racist ...the truth is finally revealed.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2013, 02:49:35 PM
You seem to be the only person saying his not a good player.

i also happen to be the only person who has ever seen him play

do the mathematics

i have been and could be again massively wrong...time will show this....but imo the guy just isnt a good player

hbionic

Overall Grade= A

Because Kurt Coleman is all but gone. That will make it an enjoyable viewing pleasure, even if we lose every game miserably.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05