The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

about 500k people watched the amazon preseason stream (another 500k on broadcast stations in hou/sf). cable preseason games generally get somewhere north of 3 million.

nfl going exclusive to a stream is one of the most consequential sports broadcasting decisions in decades. early return is not very good. they get a billion dollars either way.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Is the regular season available on stream this year or next?  I can't remember.

Wasn't worth the $$$ to keep DirecTV anymore.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 01, 2022, 12:51:20 PM
Is the regular season available on stream this year or next?  I can't remember.

Wasn't worth the $$$ to keep DirecTV anymore.

Next year. The streamer hasn't been announced or leaked yet, if it's even been decided.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 01, 2022, 11:21:41 AM
about 500k people watched the amazon preseason stream (another 500k on broadcast stations in hou/sf). cable preseason games generally get somewhere north of 3 million.

nfl going exclusive to a stream is one of the most consequential sports broadcasting decisions in decades. early return is not very good. they get a billion dollars either way.

the bar where I go for all eagle games and a lot of other sporting events and which doesn't have money spent 10k to upgrade their internet and tv's cause of the streaming games...so if streaming did anything good it was get my local pub badly needed new tv's.  They were borderline embarrassing for years and years and I used to tell them all the time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

theres more than nfl on streaming but amazon struck a deal with directv to air their game on that (just for commercial businesses). sunday ticket is going to either apple or google but a similar deal will happen there.

it makes sense beyond football. a lot of soccer is exclusive to streaming, mlb has some games on there now, so does nhl. the nba will not be far behind on this. and a ton of smaller college has been on there for years.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they might get some minor ancillary benefits from it but they one million percent did it for NFL...it's a local place that gets nfl fans oriole fans and cap fans...I guess the occasional cap or oriole game will stream one day but it had 0% to do with that

MDS

its not a bad investment to make because this is the way its going to all eventually go

from a just nfl perspective any bar with more than 1-2 tvs can just keep directv and not skip a beat

ice grillin you

Oh I thought all Thursday nite games stream now?...at least that's why I thought he got it...you are saying if a bar gets the package they don't need streaming??

MDS

i guess i need to be clearer lol

thurs night games are going to be on directv for commercial businesses only. most of them are not equip to handle streaming so amazon struck a deal with directv for that. my guess is the same thing will happen for sunday ticket. itll stay on dtv for bars/sports books but go to streaming for the general population

ice grillin you

oh boy I wonder if he knows this

MDS

smoke show taryn is going to do sidelines for sixers and phillies home games (not road)

will be fun to stare at her but her mentions are going to go from creepy to stalkery

phattymatty

oh wow so is serena gone for Sixers?  she grew on me although not sure anyone will ever top Molly.  (Taryn is already a close second though - great close)

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on September 08, 2022, 02:39:51 PM
oh wow so is serena gone for Sixers?  she grew on me although not sure anyone will ever top Molly.  (Taryn is already a close second though - great close)

Serena wasn't here last season.  I think she went to Cleveland.

MDS

yea they got rid of sideline reporters after the pandemic (comcast decision) but appear to be bringing them back, at least for home games. but not the flyers lol

serena was cute. molly was hot then get real gross as time went on...i never understood the appeal she looked like a farg toy.

SD

I wouldn't kick Molly out of bed but I never got the appeal. Taryn is a goddess sweet jeezus