The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2014, 11:49:17 PM
i dont know whats worse pretentious beer drinkers who drink awful tasting beer because they dont think anyone else knows about it or pretentious beer drinkers who stop drinking awful tasting beer because it was bought out

It's nothing compared to the people who drink the flavorless crap that Big Corporate Beer pushes with multi million dollar ad campaigns designed to make you feel better for drinking their diluted horse piss. And people who complain about others discussing the value based judgements on what they consume and enjoy.

Diomedes

Quote from: Dillen on February 08, 2014, 12:19:46 AMThey handled it about as unprofessionally as they could. Nice to see their employees suck just as much as their product.

Yeah, it's not a good sign when your prospective employer can't do something as central to the success of their business as run a professional new hire process.  If this part of the operation is so badly farged up, how's the rest of it and do you really want to be subject to that kind of outfit?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Hey Dillen, Dogfish Head always has jobs listed on their website.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Dillen

Quote from: Diomedes on February 08, 2014, 03:01:20 PM
Quote from: Dillen on February 08, 2014, 12:19:46 AMThey handled it about as unprofessionally as they could. Nice to see their employees suck just as much as their product.

Yeah, it's not a good sign when your prospective employer can't do something as central to the success of their business as run a professional new hire process.  If this part of the operation is so badly farged up, how's the rest of it and do you really want to be subject to that kind of outfit?
Bingo. I didn't really want the job anyways but I'm probably looking for a new place instead of taking a promotion, so figured the interview practice was whatever. Now I just want them to contact me back so I can tell them that they suck balls.

Diomedes

If you get that chance, report back.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on February 08, 2014, 12:40:17 AM
Sometimes IGY's ignorance is charming...other times it's just stupid.

link?

SD

Went to the Ashton Cigar Bar last night in the city. Pretty cool concept, they have a humidor, you buy cigars and can order drinks. Great place to just relax.

Diomedes

Except for all the cigar douchebags, and disgusting smoke, it sounds great.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on February 23, 2014, 07:20:18 PM
Except for all the cigar douchebags, and disgusting smoke, it sounds great.

What is a cigar douchebag exactly? Someone who smokes cigars?

Diomedes

you are a cigar douchebag

I don't have to post any pictures to support my argument

you and Rome should go golfing and cigar smoking, drink some port and blow each other

SD

We already have a date set for all that, March 16th.

ice grillin you

i agree that cigars are stupid if they dont have weed in them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

I've been on a bourbon tear for the last several months and have collected maybe a dozen bottles. If anyone is interested in a write up on a few of them - how they compare, best buys etc I'll do it. If not, won't bother.

Don Ho

Neighbor of mine had some friends visiting from Australia.  They rented a house on the North Shore and left a bunch of liqour behind.  My buddy doesn't drink so he gave me a bottle of Don Julio Tequila Anejo they never opened.  Holy shtein!  Some of the best tequila I've ever had.  Polished it off in two weeks. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 02, 2014, 11:08:27 PM
I've been on a bourbon tear for the last several months and have collected maybe a dozen bottles. If anyone is interested in a write up on a few of them - how they compare, best buys etc I'll do it. If not, won't bother.

If you go to the trouble to write something, I'll read it.  I'll probably mock you; it would be poor form not to.