The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

My local place had $3.00 pints of all the Kona brewing selections last weekend and I got peppered trying all of them.  That was the best of the bunch.  They have it at Jackie Robinson Ballpark for the Daytona Cubs too and they have 32 ounce drafts for $3.25 on Thirsty Thursdays.  I might drink 10 of them next time I go.   Seriously good shtein.

Don Ho

That's great, $3 pints.  Did you try the Wailua Ale?  Not bad. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

sa
Quote from: Don Ho on July 03, 2013, 07:50:13 PM
Quote from: Rome on June 30, 2013, 07:04:19 AM

This shtein is righteous.  Drank a few at the ball game last night.  Tasty.

The true Hawaiian in you is coming out!  Kona Brewing also makes Longboard Lager which I really enjoyed until Hawaii 5-0 shoved it down our throats with all the product placement.  The McGarret to Dan-o "How bout a Longboard" lines make me quite ill.
Same here Don.  Plus the stuff we get out east is brewed by inbev or something, and to me doesn't have the same flavors as the stuff we had at Koko Marina
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

I just stumbled into a bar a mile from my house I had no idea was here.

They have $4 Dogfish 90 Min IPA on tap during happy hour for $4.  How the farg is this possible?   More later...

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 05, 2013, 06:51:39 PM
How much are they?

Yeah, how much do the $4 ones on tap during happy hour for $4 cost?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

$4 aint bad for a $4 Dogfish 90 minute. It'll get ya drunk.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

they're $8 usually.  and i wasn't drunk when i posted that.  later... a little bit.

Eagaholic

For the few scotch drinks here, Costco has a really nice 16 year old Speyside in for about $32, drinks more like a $65 bottle imo. It is Alexander Murray  16 yr old oak aged (1995 vintage). I'm not a single malt snob, I often prefer Johnnie Walker at a given price point, but this gets the nod imo at $32 over JW gold at $75/bottle. Did several rounds of head to head competition to confirm. For the Murray - Salut!! (which I think is Italian or something for toasting  $32sluts).   

Diomedes

How much does the $32 Speyside single malt at Costco for $32 cost?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

$4 a bottle.
I actually like it more than the $75 JW gold label which you can sometimes find for under $80.

Susquehanna Birder

How much is the scotch at any Costco in PA?

Eagaholic

How has nobody ever won a legal challenge to that absurd state store system? Still blows my mind every time I go there. It's one hell of a racket they've got going on and usually corporate business wins those in the end. I'm surprised they will give drivers licenses to people under 40 in PA. They should allow abortions on law makers up to the 160th trimester.

Diomedes

It's a farged up system in both the control state and non control state models, but I think the he state distribution model is actually more efficient than the private model.

By law in non-controls states, the distillery/winery/importer can sell only to the distributor, who can in turn sell only to the retailer (be it for on-premise consumption i.e. bar or restaurant, or for off-premise consumption, i.e. package store), who can in turn sell only to the consumer.  Skip this chain and you get immediate attention from the law, and the fines are serious.  No one messes with it.  And why should they anyway?  Once you're in the game, everyone gets their cut and the government gets a cut each time they do.

In the control states, the distributor is cut out of the loop.  The manufacturer sells to the state, the state sells to the consumer.

It's a system put in place at the end of prohibition for reasons I don't remember well enough to lay out here.  Something about keeping the manufacturers from undue influence on the market, etc.  I think it's just a tax grab and the private companies don't mind because they get caked off just fine in a nice, stable system.