The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

In the years I lived in NYC, I became accustomed to "buy-backs" from my regular pubs.  Every third or fourth or fifth drink, depending on the bar/bartender/crowd at the time, I'd get a round on the house.  There were no strict rules for this, and I only got them in bars I patronized regularly, but the courtesy could be counted on.

Is this practice unique to NYC?  I haven't had a single bartender give me a drink on the house in Baltimore.  What gives?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on September 02, 2012, 01:24:48 PM
In the years I lived in NYC, I became accustomed to "buy-backs" from my regular pubs.  Every third or fourth or fifth drink, depending on the bar/bartender/crowd at the time, I'd get a round on the house.  There were no strict rules for this, and I only got them in bars I patronized regularly, but the courtesy could be counted on.

Is this practice unique to NYC?  I haven't had a single bartender give me a drink on the house in Baltimore.  What gives?

i bring this same subject up all the time....yeah its a new york thing for the most part....on the rare occasion ive gotten them in some other big cities but its a practice in ny...and its not just for regulars....everytime i go to nyc i get buy backs almost anywhere i go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I have determined, through thorough experimentation, that AM all-you-can-drink bloody marys is not the fantastic idea that it initially appears to be.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on September 02, 2012, 01:33:49 PM
I have determined, through thorough experimentation, that AM all-you-can-drink bloody marys is not the fantastic idea that it initially appears to be.

You might want to let matty know that was bloody mary and that he didn't get ass raped

Diomedes

I came to a similar conclusion, though I have to say it's still a pretty good idea.  In my testing however, I found that the bottomless Bloody Maria (con tequila en lugar de vodka) is every bit as fantastic as I thought it would be.

Just a tip, one functioning drunk to another.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: SD on September 02, 2012, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on September 02, 2012, 01:33:49 PM

You might want to let matty know that was bloody mary and that he didn't get ass raped

Can't it be both?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

I don't frequent bars enough to give you a definitive viewpoint, but I have seen it in action with my late brother-in-law. I sat with him in a club in Bethlehem, and the buybacks were pretty frequent.

ice grillin you

in the last two hours on this board matty has been accused of being a huge fan of child rape and getting his scphincter violated

what the hell is going on with that guy

rjs246

Child rape? Guess I missed that one.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

is anyone crushing their liver tonight....everybody has to be off tomorrow no?

PhillyPhreak54

yes...i am. beer and vodka/ginger ales

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

It was an accidental mix one time and it tasted pretty good....so there ya have it. I like to mix them up once in awhile

ice grillin you

try vodka and milk...i heard its wonderful

methdeez

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 03, 2012, 12:29:23 AM
try vodka and milk...i heard its wonderful
Have you never heard of a moscow mule?