The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

^^^ Best advice anyone on this board has ever given.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 29, 2012, 08:48:57 AM
do this for fifty other drinks, replete with wannabe street slang, and you've got yourself a cocktail blog the likes of which the ghetto never seen

you'll be rich, bitch!

lol

That actually looks decent igs. I'm trying to transition from beer to hard alcohol and mixed drinks again. Beer is great and all but I need the variety.

Rome

That pestle isn't fooling anyone either.

Diomedes

Pestle is a giggle word...he's afraid to say it lest he sound educated.  Which is to say, homo.  On the street, it's called a "masher."

In his bedside drawer, it's called "Todd's Bumstick"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Seabiscuit36

That shtein looks delicious.  I need to get cubed sugar, rather than ghetto'ing it up with granulated
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on January 29, 2012, 10:40:24 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 29, 2012, 10:36:59 AM

In his bedside drawer, it's called "Todd's Bumstick"

haha

Good thing its not made from a white wood, that would be humiliating

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

i've started using a new tonic recently called fever tree and it's delicious. i was always under the assumption that tonic is tonic and was usually fine with schweppes etc., but it makes a surprisingly huge difference. not as bitter as the normal brand name stuff and has a different bubble factor. it's smaller bubbles than normal soda consistency if that makes sense. good stuff. also bubble factor is the scientific term.

phattymatty

Eagaholic

Quote from: rjs246 on January 16, 2012, 04:40:21 PM
The bourbon that really gave me a rager is Blanton's single barrel. It was a birthday gift and the shtein is farging delicious.

That really is a nice bottle, finally picked one up. A little stronger than most others but the flavor is more concentrated as well. Poured a taste of Bulleit and Jack to try along side, and the Blanton's is a definite cut above. I thought it also edged out Bookers, which is about the same price. Good recommendation  :yay

Eagaholic

Quote from: phattymatty on February 16, 2012, 06:56:45 PM
i've started using a new tonic recently called fever tree and it's delicious. i was always under the assumption that tonic is tonic and was usually fine with schweppes etc., but it makes a surprisingly huge difference. not as bitter as the normal brand name stuff and has a different bubble factor. it's smaller bubbles than normal soda consistency if that makes sense. good stuff. also bubble factor is the scientific term.

I have a lady friend who likes gin and tonic, so I'd just got about 5 brands of tonic to do a taste test. She graduated from culinary school and likes this sort of thing. Good timing to hear about fever tree, I'll see if I can find some to add in.

Munson

I still haven't found a tonic I like yet, which sucks because I enjoy gin and never know what else is good to mix it with
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

How do you enjoy gin if you haven't found something else to mix it with? It is the one liquor I can't drink straight. I haven't found anything else I like mixing it with other than tonic, but sometimes I like adding a splash of a liquor called St Germain, which makes a good refreshing summer drink.

There's some difference in brands of tonic but not a lot (though I haven't tried these high end ones like the one I just found out about from phatty's post - got curious and saw a few more as well http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Tonic-Water-Sample-Pack/dp/B002GDC9ZI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1329456740&sr=8-6 )

The secret to a good gin and tonic is plenty of ice. If you haven't had one that's well made they can be pretty meh, so maybe you just don't like them or perhaps you haven't had a good one.

Munson

When I say I haven't found anything to mix it with, I didn't mean to imply that I haven't tried doing so :-D

I've had some gross and some "meh" gin drinks. Gin and ginger ale wasn't that bad.