The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 18, 2012, 08:01:42 PM
I was in Firewaters the weekend of the beer fest in Kennett Square. Pretty interesting place, but too Hooters-ish for me.

The one I'm looking for is called Pliny the Elder. I'm not sure where to get it on tap, but I see from the Russian River website that it's sold at Brewers Outlet on 202, and also at Waywood Beverage in Kennett. Funny to think that you'd have to wander into PA - and buy and entire case - to try it.

Yeah a few years ago when I first turned 21, the one down the street from Duffers Pub was a bit more....low key for lack of a better term. Now they've become more and more hooters-y and the beer selections have become predictable and not interesting. They do get Mad Elf every year though so that's worth it.

The beer I've been trying to find is Bavarian Barbarian Headbangerz Brown Ale...they used to have it at FW (replaced it with the IPA which isn't as good) and according to the site the closest place to me I'll find it is some distributor in Philly somewhere....everywhere else is out near Williamsport.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

reese125

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 18, 2012, 08:11:40 PM
Quote from: reese125 on January 18, 2012, 06:56:06 PM
Anyone ever have Patron XO cafe?

shtein is too good. Highly recommend it.

Might as well drink Kahlua

no way. it mght have a somehwhat similar taste as kahlua but the shtein is just friggin so smooth for a tequila....add the 70 proof and coffee taste to it and its butter to me.

ice grillin you

except for chicks (and romey) sipping captain who drinks 70 proof liquor?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

oh my bad... its 160 proof or bust.

ride or die brah

ice grillin you

you are the whitest girl ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

stop being scared your whole whole life

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on January 18, 2012, 08:13:31 PM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 18, 2012, 08:03:22 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 18, 2012, 08:01:05 PM
the newest addition to my liquor cabinet came from a friend who went to the Galapagos Islands a couple weeks ago and brought this from Ecuador:

I don't know what it is but I'm going to start drinking it tonight.

Looks like a nice tequila to me. I'm interested in seeing how it works for you.

Tastes like some kind of rum.

That would make sense from from Ecuador. Looks pretty dark for a reposado. Hope you dont end up with a patch over an eye.

Good quality sippin rum is the most under rated liquor in the world. Absolutely delicious. Great on the rocks (scotch not so much, better with a splash of cold water - up to 10 splashes if you're a wuss).

I'd encourage anyone to try El Dorado 15 year old rum, great quality stuff from Guyana . Blows away most of the other 10 - 12 rums (rhums) I got in my bar. Zaya 12 yr gran reserva  from Trinidad is also sumptuous  and reasonable at $29/bottle though it is slightly sweet. Morgan is for kids and bacardi is for mixing.

Tomahawk

Nothing beats a couple captain and oj's in the morning to get you ready for a tough day of work

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

Susquehanna Birder

Local watering hole in Harrisburg is opening back up after being closed for months (they had a fire back in October). My kid just sent a cell phone pic from one of the bar areas:

Eagaholic

absinthe is a good drink to have after you've brushed your teeth before bed but then decide you still want to drink some more.

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 20, 2012, 05:37:37 PM
Local watering hole in Harrisburg is opening back up after being closed for months (they had a fire back in October). My kid just sent a cell phone pic from one of the bar areas:

Holy shtein. There is not one bar outside of the brewpub that is stacked like that. I've asked them on twitter a few times to open up a 2nd bar up north...fargers
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

I've never tried it.  Any thoughts?  The "unexpected" infusion of cucumber and rose petals?  Yikes.

QuoteHendrick's Gin is a handcrafted gin distilled from a proprietary recipe which includes traditional botanicals such as juniper, coriander, and citrus peel. The "unexpected" infusion of cucumber and rose petals result in a most iconoclastic gin."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Some people love it, but not me.  I don't mix iconoclasm with gin.  As I've said, Tanqueray Malacca was my favorite.  These days, I'm drinking plain old Seagrams, because of The Poverty.  The cucumber is unmistakable in Hendricks, but it's not overpowering..it's still a gin and tastes like one...with a waft of rosy cucumber.

It's a great bottle.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger